Question about HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I did a fax test and everything passed. I had a fax sent in and it said error 252* what does that mean? what is my problem?
What type of fax is it? HP, Canon, brother etc?
HP error code 252 means.. . 252 Telephone line conditions were too poor to receive a fax.
*Reattempt the fax reception at a later time when line conditions may have improved.
*Configure the machine to start reception at a lower speed. *If the local machine received several pages of a larger document successfully, ask the remote user to transmit the document in several smaller parts.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
However under rare conditions incompatibility between the two machines may cause the remote machine to simply get this code.
Try these steps...
1. Press setup, and then go to TOOLS.
2. Press okay on TOOLS, then look for RUN FAX TEST. Then press okay.
3. It will print a fax test page. Check if everything passed.
4. If it passed everything, try to press setup again, and then go to ADVANCE FAX SETUP.
5. Scroll, down and look for ECM (Error correction mode), then press okay
6. Under ECM you will have to options "ON or OFF" try to choose OFF then press OKAY.
7. Now, try sending a fax.
Also you can try to reset the printer.
1. Take out the cartridges from the unit .
2. Make sure the unit is connected to the wall jack directly without any surge protector.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the unit ( without turning off the unit ) .
4. Now press the # and 6 key together , while holding these keys down plug in the power cord back into the unit .
5. Do not release the keys after a few seconds you will find the hp logo or bars moving across the screen .wait while the unit turns off.
6. After one minute turn on the printer . It will go into alignment phase > let it finish .
7. After its done > try to make a copy .
Note - you can also try the OK and CANCEL key combination in place of # and 6
Jul 18, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
May 16, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 16, 2010 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Jun 25, 2010 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 15, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Mar 09, 2009 | Brother MFC 8440 All-In-One Laser Printer
Feb 09, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 29, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Jan 17, 2017 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
472 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: