An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: fax problem
What type of fax is it? HP, Canon, brother etc?
HP error code 252 means.. .
Telephone line conditions were too poor to receive a fax.
*Reattempt the fax reception at a later time when line conditions may have improved.
*Configure the machine to start reception at a lower speed. *If the local machine received several pages of a larger document successfully, ask the remote user to transmit the document in several smaller parts.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You probably need to run the fax test to check if the fax mechanism is working fine.
Click on Setup Button ( ranch like symbol ) on the printer front panel. Scroll down till you find Tools ( press ok ) Check for Run Fax Test ( Press OK ) It will print the test results and everything should pass.
To solve your fax issue, follow the steps below.
Click on Setup Button Check for Advanced Fax Setup ( or Basic Fax Setup ) - Press OK Look for ECM ( Error correction mode ) - Press OK Turn the ECM OFF
Try to send fax. It Should work.
* Please rate this solution with Thumbs up and Testimony to help us improve providing support
You will get sound signal like longer beep. when you get three short beeps it means error (sent fax was not successful). Also you can set XMIT report (means after every your sent fax, you will get printed out sheet with confirmation or error for previous sent fax - not recommended, will increase consumption of paper and toner). If want to, follow steps: - press key "Menu/Set" - press "2" key - press "4" key - press "1" key (will see "trans: off") - with navigation key "down" or "up" select "trans: on" or "trans: on + image" - then press key "Menu/Set" to confirm it
Error 350: Under rare conditions incompatibility between the two machines may cause the remote machine to simply abandon the call.
Try these steps...
1. Press setup, then go to TOOLS.
2. press okay on TOOLS, then look for RUN FAX TEST. then press okay.
3. It will print a fax test page. Check if everything passed.
4. If it passed everything, try to press setup again, then go to ADVANCE FAX SETUP.
5. Scroll, down and look for ECM (Error correction mode), then press okay
6. Under ECM you will have to options "ON or OFF" try to choose OFF then press OKAY.
7. Now, try sending a fax.
Please let me know if the steps that i gave resolve your issue or not. So that i can still go ahead and give you another possible solution.