An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: how to take the upper and lower spinner off.
1. No waterMake sure you get water to the dishwasher. Check to see if the water shut-off valve (located under the sink) is open. If you get water to the dishwasher, but there is still no water inside during the fill cycle, the problem might be with a faulty water valve (located at the bottom of the dishwasher, behind the kick panel, on either side), in which case replace the water valve.
2. Not enough water If there is not enough water, the dishes would not get cleaned. This could be caused by a partially closed water shut-off valve (located under the sink), or a faulty dishwasher water valve (located at the bottom of the dishwasher, behind the kick panel, on either side).
3. Clogged spay arms There is usually two, sometimes three spray arms in a dishwasher. Make sure there is no debris blocking the holes inside each spray arm.
4. Water temperature is too low To get the best results, the water has to be at 120 degrees Fahrenheit when entering the dishwasher.
5. Not enough soap If you only fill one part of the soap cup, try adding soap to both parts.
6. Smoky film on dishes and glasses This problem occurs due to excessive calcium build up inside the dishwasher. Try cleaning you dishwasher using a dishwasher cleaner.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Using a light lubricant, you might place a drop or two of oil on the upper rack's rail wheels or the bottom if either squeaks when pulled out. Take a look at the wheels on each rack (up and lower) to see if either is damaged or is not rolling properly on the rails. There's nothing to explain the "scum" other than the water coming into the machine....Cascade is a good brand and a minimal amount is needed for each load. The CUP located in the door of most machines will hold about twice what's required to clean a load of dishes,pans,etc. Cascade has a RINSE AGENT included in its manufacture. Be sure to rinse your dishes well before loading. Try different settings and see if it makes a difference.
If you have the time, take the lower rack completely out, when the machine is cold and the water has been pumped out of the chamber. With your fingers, feel around the bottom-center, check for debris, forks or other objects that can sometimes collect under the lower plate and under the drying element.
There's little to speak of, dishwashers are merely "boxes with spinning hoses and a drying element" so any liquid "coming-into" the wash-cycle is a function of your local water supply and plumbing. Sometimes "hard" water causes a "scum" and people will use softeners which are installed outside and will "clarify" water before inputting into your house. That would be a last resort.
#1 check the upper spinner arm to see if it is clogged with particles if it is, clean the holes outi f they get clogged the arm-sprayer will not clean the upper rack
#2 if it is not clogged got to your local Grc.chain and purchase a bottle of dishwasher cleaner for about 8.00 follow all instructins on bottle make sure water is hot by running hot water tap closest to dishwasher.use it in an empty dishwasher.You will be amazed how clean your dishes will come out after the first wash
sounds like the upper spinning arm is not turning check to see if it is clogged at the nozzles if so take off and clean particles out also check bottom ofjet that spray soap up to upper spinner and see that is not blocked
Check the upper arm for free spinning, then remove the arm and check that the seam between the upper and lower halves has not split somewhere. Also check all the small holes for debris plugging. Run the machine in wash cycle for a little while with the upper arm off--that should flush out anything blocking the pipe up to the arm. If still nothing from the upper arm, tear down the lower arm assembly down to the deck while noting position of all parts removed. Clean the big screen at the bottom in white vinegar and hot water. Inspect the holes in the bottom for anything blocking them.
Look in the inside for any screen that would be easily removed, some dishwashers have a self cleaning filter so you may not find it. I have a lot of other tips for you if your dishwasher is not cleaning so check it out. http://tclaundryrepair.com/dishwasher
Check to see that the removable cup rack on the left is seated correctly. One of the support legs of this rack is located above center of the spinner. If this leg is sitting on the top of the spinner rather than the center cross member of the main rack, the spinner will not move after that rack has been loaded.
Also check that the spinner is free moving once the draw is fully loaded, some plates can sit low enough to obstruct the spinner.
brittgee, there has been a number of service flashes on this model. One that has to do with the upper spray arm assy. Complaint is poor washability; gritty glasses, food redeposited on glasses, especially in the corners. They redesigned the upper spray arm to improve water spray to all corners of the upper rack. The new part number is 8269022. They also redesigned the third level spinner for more consistant rotation and better washability. This was also under a service flash. Part number.8193768. Other reasons for poor wash would be; low water temperature, rinse aid disp. not working, loading etc. Catriver...post back.