The black ink is not printing clearly, but I just put in a new ink cartridge
As you are using a new cartridge, check the tips below that might help.
In this tip you will learn that how to improve the printing quality. Today most of the printers provide you the method to improve the quality of the printing. In the following section you will find step by step instructions on how to improve the printing quality.
* Go to Start > Control Panel
* In the control panel click on the “Printers and Other Hardware” or “Printers and Faxes”.
* Double Click the Printer’s Icon.
* Click the printer preferences in the printer menu.
* Select high quality or best print option in the printer preferences.
In the Windows based operating systems you can improve the quality of your printings through the above mentioned steps.
Dealing with Spool File
In Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2003 Server allows you to adjust the spool file settings for any type of printer to improve the quality. Spool file is a temporary file that holds the document while they are printed.
A spool file is created when you send a printing request from an application such as WinWord. After spool file has been created, Application gets control and it sends the document from the spool file to the printer. Moving the spool file to a faster hard drive or empty disk drive can improve the speed of the printing.
* Create a folder on any drive and name it whatever you like.
* Go to the Control Panel > Printer and Faxes.
* In the file menu select “Server Properties Command”
* In the “Print Server Dialog box” select advance tab.
* In the spool folder text box type the path to the new folder, which you have created in the first step.
* On the confirmation box, click yes and close printer and faxes.
* Select your active printer’s icon > right click > properties > Advance tab > find the spool settings.
In the spool settings dialog box there are two sub settings that allow you to control how fast should be the printing operation. By adjusting the settings in the spool file, you can control and quality and speed of your printer.
Some General Tips
* Always use quality paper.
* Clean your printer from dust and debris.
* Make sure that there is a sufficient level of ink present in cartridges.
* Set the printing quality to high through the printing preferences.
* Read manufacture’s manual for getting the optimized performance.
* Give adequate ventilation to the laser printers because they dissipate heat.
* Clean the corona wire and roller when you change the cartridges.
Sep 03, 2009 |
Printers & Copiers