Question about Panasonic KV S2025C Path-Through Scanner
There is no document in the scanner. Dismantled scanner, cleaned all 4 document sensors and cleaned the paper path. Reseated all sensor connectors. Cycled power on scanner, and rebooted PC. Error persists. The maintenance protocol on the PC does not say which sensor, if any, has failed. It could also be a faulty controller PCB. If anyone has come across this problem and has a solution, I would appreciate the help. Thanks!
I get calls about this all the time. The most common reason for this is the shiny reflector for the Ending Sensor is dirty. It is best to clean this with a cotton swab and a few drops of rubbing alcohol.
Although it is possible that one of the sensors has gone bad. The Panasonic User utility is very basic, but if you have access to the Service Utility it will help pin-point which sensor is causing the problem.
Out of all the calls I've taken relating to this same issue, only two or three situations have been resolved by replacing the sensor - all the rest have just been dirty.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2013 | Fujitsu fi-6130 duplex scanner
on Jul 19, 2008 | Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed Scanner
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification?
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Are Chuter Unit (ADF paper chute),Guide P ASSY (Sheet guide), Feed roller cover (plate guide) and Brake roller cover installed correctly?
4. Clean the Feed rollers, Eject rollers,Plastic rollers, glass surface and paper feeding surface, and see if the error is
5. Replace Pick roller or Brake roller, and see if the error is resolved.Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen or from the built-in Maintenance mode. When the counter exceeds the values, replace Pick roller or Brake roller.
6. If the issue still persists, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for further assistance.
Hope the above information is helpful.
Thanks & regards,
May 03, 2013 | Fujitsu Scanners
Aug 10, 2010 | Fujitsu ScanPartner fi-4120C2 Path-Through...
Jul 21, 2010 | HP Scanjet N6010 Photo Scanner
Jun 29, 2010 | Fujitsu fi-5750C Flatbed Scanner
May 26, 2009 | HP Scanjet 8350 Flatbed Scanner
Feb 13, 2007 | Visioneer Strobe XP 200 Path-Through...
488 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: