HOW DO I CHNGE THE CARTIDGE.?
Replace the print cartridge
When you notice that the print becomes light or ink low or when install new ink cartridge appears in the display, replace the print cartridge. The part number for replacement cartridges is HP 20.
1. Take out a cartridge from its packaging and carefully remove the tape covering the printhead.
Hold the cartridge by the colored top or black areas only. Do not touch the copper area.
2. Press the Access Cartridge button on the control panel.
The cartridge carrier moves to the install position.
3. Open the control panel and cartridge compartment cover (it will click and remain open).
4. Pull the cartridge toward you and remove it.
3 To load the cartridge insert the cartridge as shown below. When the cartridge is pushed to the back of the cartridge carrier, push the top of the cartridge until it clicks into place.
If the cartridge moves loosely in the carrier, it has not clicked into place. Repeat this step.
5. Close the cartridge compartment cover and control panel.
6. Press Start/Enter.
7. Press 1 for new cartridge, or 2 for the old one.
• When you put in a new cartridge, you must choose 1:New
• When you put in a used cartridge, choose 2:Used. This helps you to check the correct amount of ink you have left.
TIP: If you mix up several used cartridges, it is not possible to check the correct amount of remaining ink. Once you have put in a new cartridge, use it until it is completely exhausted.
Dec 22, 2010 |
HP 1040 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax