Question about Audio & Video Receivers

1 Answer

Hey the amp audiobahn a8000t turns on then burns out the fuses

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 142 Answers

Audio output transistors are shorted. Time to see a technician.

Posted on Dec 01, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i fix this when I turn it on it makes a burning smell. Then it blinks shutdown and turns off


if your amp is making a burning smell, 1st remove all speaker loads and input plugs (to verify its an internal fault ) do not raise volume without speakers loads connected , if amp doesn't heat up and smell burning then , you have an external problem you;ll need to find and fix , but if amp persists in the burning smell an internal part(s) have failed and need service

Feb 24, 2016 | Pioneer VSX-D508

1 Answer

Technics SU-G91... clipped out @ high volume. Disassembled, sleaned and applied new grease to heat sinks. Amp worked great for a while, clipped out and now occasionally will not light up the front dis


First off, why do you drive the amp into clipping? It's not good for amp, nor your Klipsch. We won't even mention the terrible load that Klipsch in parallel presents to your amplifier, nor the distortion. I would suggest to you, that the amp goes into thermal overload. Trying turning it down by 20-30db, and see if it stays on-line. It can be fixed, if turning it down doesn't help, it can be repaired, but not inexpensively.

Nov 27, 2014 | Technics Audio & Video Receivers

1 Answer

I have a SONY STR DE915 receiver home theater amp. After 14 years, it decides not to power up! Are there internal fuses? Can i replace the power supply myself?


There are internal fuses that you can check. This model was notoriously bad for amp problems. These amps would burn up a lot of components when they go out.

Oct 11, 2013 | Sony STR-DE915

1 Answer

My Roberts MP43 Dab radio has developed a fault with its power, Display flashes & stopped working


Had same problem with a MP53 which is not a lot different.
Internal power supply had burned up due to tracking across printed circuit tracks. Tracking was caused by the horrible goo plastered around parts of the board. This goo becomes conductive with age (I wish they would not use this rubbish).
Cleaned all the goo from the board and repaired the burned tracks.
Make sure you remove all the blackened bits.
Hey presto, didn't need to replace any components.
Remove the back and the power supply comes away with it. It is well wrapped up underneath a copper plated shield so takes some effort to get in there.
A well worth repair as this unit comes in at £280.
Have fun.

Feb 26, 2012 | Audio & Video Receivers

1 Answer

Hi, I have a Harmon Kardon Model No. AVR 325 that keeps clipping. When I push the power button the display turns off like a second after I push power. Seems like its a easy fix. Nothing if fried visually...


it sounds like Amp burned, but not all burn parts you can see, you have to measure them by DMM. I guess at least one AMP transistor shorted. you can check SPK terminals by DMM DC, it can be easy to find different with other one

Mar 19, 2011 | Harman Kardon AVR 325 Receiver

1 Answer

Power wont work and screen is flashing!!!!


Same problem. I opened up the amp and couldnt find anything but then again i dont know what im looking for

May 09, 2009 | Audio & Video Receivers

1 Answer

No right channel output after fuse blow out


Sounds like the power transistor(s) on that channel burned out. Needs service.

May 04, 2009 | Audio & Video Receivers

1 Answer

What fuse do I use for a 600 watt car amplifier


956
You will need a 6 Gauge wiring kit with a 50amp fuse to the battery. You can verify this by looking at the kits being sold on the internet for 600 Watt car amps.

Apr 18, 2009 | Audio & Video Receivers

2 Answers

I have no sound in teh left channel , could be an integrated ?


Hey, The model of the amplifier is SU-G91 Technics.....If you could help......Thank you.

Apr 08, 2009 | Technics SA-EX320 Receiver

1 Answer

Pioneer model sx-315 shuts off


if you are hearing noises from inside the amp,then something is burning up. Your sense of smell may be a guide here too. I suggest taking the amp to a tech to repair it unless you have had some experience with repairing amps

Jan 30, 2008 | Pioneer SX-315

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio & Video Receivers Logo

Related Topics:

30 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio & Video Receivers Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

68157 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

60667 Answers

Are you an Audio and Video Receiver Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...