Question about JVC Everio GZ-MG30 Camcorder
How do u convert the files so they work on windows movie maker??
Here you go:
1. Connect you usb to you computer and camcorder
2. Camcorder ask do you want to playback, backup, create dvd, direct print.... Choose playback
3. Option pops up on your computer.. Select "Take No Action"
4. Go into My Computer and open the E: or Everio_HDD
5. >>For movies- Select SD-Video - Folder PRG002 or PRG001 are where your movie files is located
Drag and drop .MOD files to your desktop **.MOI files are indexes of the .MOD files and will not convert **
>>For Pictures- Select DCIM - Folder 101JVCSO or 100JVCSO - Drag and Drop to desktop - NO FILE CONVERSION NECESSARY
6. Change the file extension to .MPG
** If you find yourself having issues changing the file extension, open my computer... select tools... go to folder options.... un-check "Hide extension for known file types", check it back when your finished if you have kids.. I do for my computer.***
**You are simply creating copies of your files when you drag and drop you movies and pics***
These step will allow you to view back you movies using Windows Media Player until you get your software.
Don't forget to rate!!
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2011 | JVC Everio GZ-MG360 HDD Camcorder
May 11, 2010 | JVC Everio GZ-MG130 Camcorder
Dec 01, 2009 | JVC Everio GZ-MG21 Camcorder
Aug 25, 2009 | JVC Everio GZ-MG130 Camcorder
Jun 17, 2009 | JVC Everio GZ-MG360 HDD Camcorder
Jun 10, 2009 | JVC GZ-MG330 HDD Camcorder
Dec 27, 2007 | JVC Everio GZ-MG21 Camcorder
755 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!