I just got a car equipped with an xovision 14.1inch LCD and a Valor DVD player. I can see in the menu on the xovision that fm transmit is possible, but can't select anything other than "Off" using the monitor...I can change brightness, etc, but can't turn the fm transmitter on. Any ideas for me? There are two headsets that work, but I also want to be able to run the sound through my fm radio. Any advice would be appreciated!
If the headsets work the fm transmitter may already be working. unless they are using an ir signal. you can test this by blocking the the ir or (infrared) led's on the lcd and the dvd player , if the headsets still work than its probably being sent via fm signal. turn your head unit on to fm andstart at 87.1mhz and work your way up to 89.9mhz in .1mhz intervals fm transmiters are usualy some where in that frequency.hope that helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) when watching the same DVD on both screens, disable the FM transmit on one DVD.
2) when watching separate DVDs on each screen, make sure that the frequencies are separate by as big a gap as you can make.
I had this problem and it was due to both screens transmitting on the same FM frequency and interfering with each other.
I also found that the lower FM frequencies stopped my GPS from working!
After altering the FM transmit settings (FM-TX) button on remote, it was all good.
An FMtransmitter is a portable device, which converts a specific audio output into an FM radio signal. It can be plugged into a CD player, satellite radio system, headphone jack, or a portable media player. One common use of an FMtransmitter is to play music from an Mp3 player through the speakers of a car.
1. Press the menu button(green) 2. down arrow once - (a picture of a speaker should appear with sound written vertically next to it) 3. Right arrow once (selects the sound menu) 4. Down arrow till you see FM transmitter (down arrow 4 times on my TV. If you don't see the FM transmitter option in the menu then upgrade your TV to the latest software (details at the end of this help file) 5. Right arrow to get into the FM transmitter menu 6. select the "FM transmitter: off" line and turn it on (FM transmitter : on) 7. Change the frequency to to one that is not used by a radio station or has interference noise (get a radio and tune it till you hear the choosh sound with no beeping or clicking from lightning - then set the tv fm transmitter to that frequency using the up and down arrow keys and enter. 8. You should here your tv sound comming through the radio even if the tv sound is off.
If you need to upgrade your tv software then: 1. format a usb stick 2. download firmware.exe from" http://www.samsung.com/za/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/lcd-tv/LA32C530F1RXXA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support 3. click on firmware 4. click on "Upgrade File(USB type)" and download it to your usb stick 5. when the download is complete double click on the file and extract it to the usb stick. 6. eject the usb stick. 7. plug it into your TV and slelect software upgrade when prompted - I didn't loose any settings even though it warns you that you will (samsung are just covering themselves)
You do not need to tune anything. Both transmitter (in your DVD player) and headphone operate at the same frequency.
The only thing I could think of is to check your DVD player's menu to make sure the transmitter is activated. And make sure you maintain line of sight between headphone and transmitter.
But rather then me guessing since you did not provide the model numbers of your products, why don't you contact XO Vision's customer service as listed on their website: http://www.xovision.com/contactus.php
Yellow - constant power
Red - switched power - key on
Black - ground
Orange - vehicle dimmer - dash lights if equiped
Blue - power amp if used
green/white/purple/grey - speakers
brown is new to me, check owners manual for the kenwood or check their web site for help