Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I am not an expert. I am someone that is lucky a lot when I have to fix something. I also had the F28-3 error code. The copier would begin to copy. However, when the unit began the printing process, the error code would indicate.
1) I downloaded the Service Manual (not the user manual) and checked the error code. This is what it says: Abonormal separation spark detected 5 times in 20 ms intervals, 5 times in succession for the same job.
2) I went on-line and found a couple of blogs from techs which stated that it in their opinion, it was one of three things, the T/S Corona Unit; an insulation failure which should be indicated by discoloration and a burnt smell where arcing has occurred; and the high voltage unit.
3) After removing the drum assembly and inspecting around all corona units, I could not see or smell any signs of arcing. So, I inspected the T/S Corona Unit and found one of the wires broken.
4) I removed the T/S Corona Unit, disassembled it using the instructions in the Service Manual.
5) I reinstalled the T/S Corona Unit and gave it a try. So far, so good. Copies normally again and no more error codes.
Posted on Dec 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2016 | Konica Minolta bizhub Office Equipment &...
Feb 03, 2015 | Konica Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 27, 2014 | Konica Minolta 7020 7022 7025 Copier Drum...
Feb 11, 2013 | Konica Minolta Konica 7020 7022 7025 7030...
Oct 01, 2009 | Konica Minolta DiALTA Di200 Copier
Jun 30, 2009 | Konica Minolta Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 23, 2009 | Konica Minolta Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 21, 2009 | Toshiba 2060 Copier
615 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!