Question about Printers & Copiers
I am not an expert. I am someone that is lucky a lot when I have to fix something. I also had the F28-3 error code. The copier would begin to copy. However, when the unit began the printing process, the error code would indicate.
1) I downloaded the Service Manual (not the user manual) and checked the error code. This is what it says: Abonormal separation spark detected 5 times in 20 ms intervals, 5 times in succession for the same job.
2) I went on-line and found a couple of blogs from techs which stated that it in their opinion, it was one of three things, the T/S Corona Unit; an insulation failure which should be indicated by discoloration and a burnt smell where arcing has occurred; and the high voltage unit.
3) After removing the drum assembly and inspecting around all corona units, I could not see or smell any signs of arcing. So, I inspected the T/S Corona Unit and found one of the wires broken.
4) I removed the T/S Corona Unit, disassembled it using the instructions in the Service Manual.
5) I reinstalled the T/S Corona Unit and gave it a try. So far, so good. Copies normally again and no more error codes.
Posted on Dec 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2015 | Konica Printers & Copiers
Aug 27, 2014 | Konica Minolta 7020 7022 7025 Copier Drum...
Jul 12, 2014 | Konica Minolta 7020 7022 7025 Copier Drum...
Feb 11, 2013 | Konica Minolta Konica 7020 7022 7025 7030...
Oct 01, 2009 | Konica Minolta DiALTA Di200 Copier
Jun 30, 2009 | Konica Minolta Printers & Copiers
Mar 23, 2009 | Konica Minolta Printers & Copiers
Mar 21, 2009 | Toshiba 2060 Copier
615 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!