An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: my sharp microwave oven sparks and pops when in use.
1. You have to clean m/w inside from all kind of grease and food resedue.
2. Inspected m/w cavity inside and clean all burning spots with sand paper.
3.Apply touch paint on this spots.
Different color touch paint you can buy at any appliance patrs store.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That's a worn out waveguide port cover. You'll need to replace it. Years before the internet took off my Sharp R-9A20 had the same problem, I didn't have Amazon.com so I went to a shop that fixed vacuum cleaners, microwaves, etc. He had to grab a sheet of special cardboard and cut it to emulate the old one. Don't use oven cleaners that aren't microwave safe. They eat right through the metalic coating on the port cover that keeps the microwaves from reflecting back into the tube, I suspect that's what is up.
generally the microwave will only spark if there is metal on the container you are cooking with or you are operating it without anything in it. as it is that old and with all the advances they have made with microwave ovens ... if it is in the budget i would certainly suggest getting a new one
GE had a rash of "underperforming" magnetrons on these units.
They replace the magnetron, stirrer and high-voltage diode at no charge for parts as long as a GE-authorized service center does the work.
Sometimes the unit gets run too long in a failing state and the waveguide and chassis of the oven get damaged.
To see if yours is covered, see this bulletin: http://www.microwavedisplay.com/ge_mw_mag_kit_bulletin.pdf
Otherwise, you need to contact GE Customer Relations at 1-800-386-1215 as soon as possible and tell them your problem and they will put you in touhc with a local authorized servicer.