Question about Daewoo KOR-860A Microwave Oven
In our trave trailer, hasn't been used much. has a strange smell and makes a noicse when running, no heat.
Turn if off, and leave it alone, remove it, if you can remove the unit, take it in for service, something is wrong if you smell electrical, most people for some reason can smell and identify correctly electrical or at least insulation burning smells, which means something is burning internally, not safe, fire hazard, unit needs to be repaired by qualified technician or replaced with new unit, take no chances, nothing you can do to repair this, could be a shorting transformer, or shorting power cables, but to attempt to trouble shoot this with email is a long shot, and depends on your experience expertize and testing equipment.
I wish I could give you a short easy answer, but the hazard and your safety is more important than a microwave.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2015 | Daewoo KOR-1B4H Microwave Oven
Dec 27, 2013 | Daewoo KOR-1B4H Microwave Oven
Oct 14, 2011 | Daewoo KOR-1B4H Microwave Oven
Jun 11, 2017 | Daewoo KOG-867T Microwave Oven
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
This is a job for a professional but if
you are safety clued up, here's instruction.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!), the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Feb 20, 2011 | Daewoo KOR-63DB Microwave Oven
Apr 12, 2010 | Daewoo KOR-1B4H Microwave Oven
Mar 11, 2010 | Daewoo KOR-860A Microwave Oven
Feb 25, 2010 | Daewoo KOR-860A Microwave Oven
493 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!