Question about LG 50PG6000 50 in. HD-Ready Plasma TV
The tv turns on, the screen lights up but then seconds later turns off then back on and repeats this several times before stayin turned off. no images or sound either
I Have the same problem, LG 32" , LC2D a couple of work arounds that work are
1) - never unplug the mains plug
2) - i noticed it does this when the clock time is --:-- , i find that switching to digital tv can stop this,
however these are only tempory fixes and the problem re surfices, as i have found out after having no problem for 12 months, i have accidently unplugged the mains, and now the tc keep turning itself off,
Posted on Jan 28, 2008
Hi there, Im Kanth, i had the same problem, and i found a person in Mississauga, they fix all kind of problems in Plasma, they fixed my LG before a 7 months, its still running good, i came to know lots of ppls were having same problems, i sujest u to being the plasma to electronics @ Dixie and Britannia Mississauga, call them now 905 565 6595 or check there wesite for more info. http://dukeelectronic.com
Posted on Apr 22, 2008
This could be 1 of a few things here. Without opening up your set and trying to look at voltages or indiciator lights I couldn't tell you exactly without some more info.
Without looking at it myself here are my thoughts and where I would first look at.
It may be a main board because:
1) Main board processes all your audio/video signals. Bad main board means bad video processing. Could do that. Especially if the main board is not sending the right signal or a bad signal to the rest of the boards so they don't do their jobs.
It may be a power supply because:
1) Power supply is well, the power supply. If it's sending inadaquete voltage to the main board you may not be recieving enough juice to keep that main board doing your video processing or further up the line keeping enough juice flowing to your TCon board to keep it telling things where to go and what to do. The power supply sends voltages to your Ballast board(controls your lights) and to your main board through which power is supplied to your TCon board via a LVDS line and a +12/+16V signals. If the power supply isn't pumping out enough juice to keep the TCon or Main Board running, it could be a problem. By the same token it could be that your P/S isn't sending power out to your ballast board.
It could be a TCon because:
1) If the TCon is bad, you won't get your pictures. This could be the TCon board itself or the LVDS cable from your TCon to your Main. However, with few exceptions, if it's a bad TCon you're looking at a total panel replacement.
It could be a ballast board because:
1) The Ballast Board controls the lighting behind the LCD screen. If this isn't working right you won't be seeing much of anything without that back lighting. If this is bad, it's a panel replacement. These are not field replaceable items by LG.
Based on the symptoms, without more data or a eyes-on view of it, I would say you're most likely looking at a Main Brd or PSU problem.
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
Theres a short between the start-up processor signal on the interface board and power supply. It keeps sending the same start-byte over and over again to the power board. This could also be a DC high voltage shutdown on the power board its self. Now the tv is in protection mode to prevent further damage. Get it serviced at your local repair center. If its under warranty take it back.
Posted on Nov 04, 2009
Your plasma TV has a power supply 6709900019A. These power supplies failed due to defective capacitors. See the picture below and check the capacitors mark with the red lines. There are 10 capacitors that should be replaced even if they do not show signs of bulging/swelling on top.
The value of the capacitors is 3300uF/10V but you can use 25 volts as long as they fit in the space provided by design.
Posted on Sep 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2014 | LG LCD TV Remote Control MKJ40653801...
Dec 19, 2012 | Televison & Video
Feb 17, 2011 | InFocus ScreenPlay 61" Rear Projection...
Dec 02, 2009 | LG W2252TQ Monitor
Nov 04, 2009 | LG 42PC3D 42 in. Plasma Television
Oct 25, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-55XS955 55" Rear...
Jul 12, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
May 19, 2009 | LG RU-52SZ51D 52" Rear Projection...
Mar 13, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-32S2000 32 in. LCD HDTV
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: