Question about Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders
After few sec when you turn on your receiver did you hear a click noise ? if yes your receiver is OK not in protection mode if no click noise is output protection in that case you must return where did you buy for service and update firmware a lot of update
However you can reset your receiver and debug the DSP section ( digital signal processor ) as follow
1. Press and hold down VCR/DVR button, then press STANDBY/ON button when the unit is Power on.
2. After " Clear " is displayed, the preset memory and each mode stored in the memory are initialized and will
return to the factory settings, and turn to Standby mode.
Now turn back on and check if it work or not and make sure check input mode such as analog or coaxial or optical input if stil no sound then debug DSP as follow
To set in DSP debug mode
1. Press and hold down DISPLAY button, then press STANDBY/ON button while the unit is powered ON.
The version number of m icroprocessor is displayed only for 3 seconds.
2. Press TONE+ button within 3 seconds above, the version number of 1st DSP is displayed.
3. Press DISPLAY button while the 1st DSP version is displayed. The status of DSP and DIR will be displayed.
FFFFFF0 0 000
Press STANDBY/ON button.
Then unplug the unit for 30 sec then plug in it should work now if not you need to return it to 1 of the service center Onkyo in your town to repair it
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2010 | Onkyo TX-DS696 Receiver
Dec 15, 2009 | Pioneer DEH-P2000 CD Player
Mar 28, 2009 | Sony CDX-540RF 10-Disc CD Changer
Feb 28, 2009 | Onkyo HTR500 Receiver
Jul 04, 2008 | Clarion DXZ835MP RB AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA...
Jun 07, 2007 | Onkyo HT-SR800 System
866 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!