Question about Onkyo Audio & Video Receivers
After few sec when you turn on your receiver did you hear a click noise ? if yes your receiver is OK not in protection mode if no click noise is output protection in that case you must return where did you buy for service and update firmware a lot of update
However you can reset your receiver and debug the DSP section ( digital signal processor ) as follow
1. Press and hold down VCR/DVR button, then press STANDBY/ON button when the unit is Power on.
2. After " Clear " is displayed, the preset memory and each mode stored in the memory are initialized and will
return to the factory settings, and turn to Standby mode.
Now turn back on and check if it work or not and make sure check input mode such as analog or coaxial or optical input if stil no sound then debug DSP as follow
To set in DSP debug mode
1. Press and hold down DISPLAY button, then press STANDBY/ON button while the unit is powered ON.
The version number of m icroprocessor is displayed only for 3 seconds.
2. Press TONE+ button within 3 seconds above, the version number of 1st DSP is displayed.
3. Press DISPLAY button while the 1st DSP version is displayed. The status of DSP and DIR will be displayed.
FFFFFF0 0 000
Press STANDBY/ON button.
Then unplug the unit for 30 sec then plug in it should work now if not you need to return it to 1 of the service center Onkyo in your town to repair it
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2014 | Audio & Video Receivers
Register and download the manual for free at retrevo.com
At the Onkyo, check to make sure you have run the speaker setup starting on Page 40. If that doesn't work...
Disconnect the subwoofer pre-out at the Onkyo and move it to the VCR Out, tune an FM station and be ready for some real loud subwoofer output if your sub has no volume control of its own. If you can hear the sub, it works and it's back to the Onkyo. If not, the unnamed sub
Apr 09, 2011 | Onkyo TX-SR608 Receiver
Aug 03, 2010 | Onkyo HTR500 Receiver
May 04, 2010 | Onkyo TX-DS696 Receiver
Feb 28, 2009 | Onkyo HTR500 Receiver
Mar 18, 2008 | Onkyo TX-SR304 Receiver
866 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!