My akai 42 inch 4298 hd television is showing double and tripple i tried to correct the problem by adjusting the convergence to no avail now the remote control will not work for the convergence and picture is distorted please help
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem you are refering to is more than likely a convergence problem. The convergence circuit in your tv is controlled by an IC (integrated circuit) stk392-110 and it makes the 3 colors (red, blue, green) line up/converge together to create a clear picture. You'll know when this part needs to be replaced because the picture you see is 3d looking and possibly bowed on the top or bottom or on the sides in any or all 3 colors.
sounds like the sensors are out of focus and your red sensor isnt turning on. look in the back of the tv for a master reset button or in your menu screen some sort of "Flash focus" or "convergence". They will realign the 3 sensors.
Most binoculars should allow you to grip the two sides and pull them closer together to fit the distance between your eyes.. Have you tried this? What you should see is the two images come together to form one.
If you have tried this already and you still get the two images then it's possible the model is just too wide for your eyes.. If they're new you could try return them for another type that fit better..
If this works for you then here are the instructions for setting up the binoculars to give you the best result for your eyesight..
This is more common than you would think.. Here's how to set up a pair of binoculars to suit yourself. Any good binocular will be able to do this and the reason is to allow you to adjust them for the difference in strenght between your two eyes. I wear glasses myself and sometimes contact lenses so it's good to be able to quickly adjust them.
1. turn the binoculars over so you are looking at the underside. 2. on the eyepieces can you see on one eye(usually the right eye) a little plus - minus marking. The eyepiece should be able to rotate a little to each side of this marking. 3. Set the rotating eyepiece to the middle setting. 4. Look through the binoculars as normal and bring the two sides together until you form the two circles that you see into one. 5. Pick an object app 10 meters away. 6 Presuming that the adjustable eyepiece is on the right hand side then close your right eye, look at the middle distance object you chose with your left eye and use the central focusing knob/wheel in the middle to bring your left eyepiece into focus. 7. Now, close your left eye and adjust the rotating right hand eyepiece while looking at the same object until your right eyepiece is in focus. 8. The binoculars should now be set for the differences in strenght of your eyes and you can use the middle focus control as normal.
Most binoculars have a soft rubber eyepiece that can be folded back for people who wear glasses but I, like most people I know who wear glasses, find it horribly uncomfortable.
This method allows you to set them for yourself and if someone else uses your binoculars you can quickly reset them for you.
Hope this helps...
- Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to mention.. This set up is so you can use them without wearing your glasses.. Much more comfortable!!
The convergance IC's need to be replaced along with possibly a pico fuse in the same circuit.Theres a large heat sink with two IC's starts with a STK number,replace them and that should take care of it.
the convergence IC`s and associated resistors have to be replaced, do not repeatedly push magic focus or the alignment after the parts change out will take longer which of course means higher repair bill, good luck