a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes you can use a hair dryer but the power should be off so that you don't short it out any more than it already is. Most likely the keypad has been ruined and will need replaced., Once these go bad there is no fix except to replace the keypad.
There are a couple of safety thermostats in the oven to shut down power if something overheats. One is on the magnetron tube (the microwave source), the other is on the cooking cavity. These sometimes go bad. There's also a power line fuse that may have failed, or become loose in its mounting clips. These can be tested with an ohmmeter; they should all measure very close to zero ohms if they're good.
Another possibility is that the control circuit board in the oven may have failed. I have worked on several Sharp ovens where the power transformer for the board has gone bad for no good reason. If the board goes bad the oven may appear to be dead as well.
Microwave servicing is best left to professionals. If you're thinking of keeping this one, take it to a service shop (or call for home service) and get an estimate. Then decide whether to repair or replace.
Hope this has helped a little. Thanks for using Fixya!
I believe you have a bad circuit breaker or fuse. If you have a delay fuse contrilling this circuit, that would explain the spotty availability of power to the outlet. Also, a faulty circuit breaker can operate in an irregular way, as you describe.
A microwave oven requires a lot of power, relatively speaking. If your microwave is a 1200 watt model, for example it draws 12 amps of power, which could well be almost all of the power available at that outlet, providing that other appliances were not also drawing power from that circuit at the same time.
I can assist you further, but if this information is all you need to proceed that is fine too. Get back if you need more assistance.
Mine went dead after about 6 months. I had problems with my breakers and I found out that it was the microwave that blew all of them. I also found out that this perticular microwave is a fire hazard and should be recalled. It has caused me alot of headache. The breakers in my house are brand new and they are put out by GE also. It caused me to loose the food in my freezer, I did not know my freezer had lost power. It would cause my entire lights to go off and then they would come back on. I have checked around and I found out that the power cord on the back of the unit is very loose. I had a person to come in and look at it, he thinks its the power cord.
Mine has the same problems. After removing top cover, check fuse on power supply board (mine was OK). Then check thermo fuse located to the far left under the top cover( 2 black wires going to it) using a meter. I then jumped this fuse to see if this was the only problem. I hope to find a replacement thermofuse at the local hardware store.