Help! My UPS has been sitting there hidden away for years. I recently found that it no longer worked - didn't seem to hold a charge. I thought the best bet was a worn-out battery so I replaced it.
It still dosen't seem to be working. When I unplug it trying to test the battery back-up, everything dies. Currently, there is a yellow light blinking which has a picture of a battery with a slash through it.
The first thing I would like to do is find the operating instructions and make sure I'm operating it correctly. They should be no more than a page or two. Thanks
that is the link to the manual you need. It sounds like your UPS is not turned on correctly. You must press and hold the on switch. Make sure the AC sign wave is lit solid not blinking, the battery should not be lit as well. If the battery is yellow, that means you are running on battery, if it is red that means the battery is low.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Rachel , Can you find a model number on the door controller unit it will help us to search for a possible idea on the settings side of the solution to your unwanted problem.
Another possible solution may be to use a UPS on the controller. This stands for uninterruptable power supply. However long prolonged power failures may drain the UPS battery but it would work for short power interruptions (time depends on the standby power drain of your door controller and the VA rating of the UPS) and brown outs to the power lines. These are used on computers normally so a search on the internet for UPS or take a visit to a computer shop and they would source or carry a UPS device.
UNINTERRUPTABLE POWER SUPPLY Batteries in the UPS typically last 3 to 5 years and it depends upon several factors. Including the number of times the unit must go on battery power and environmental conditions. There are usually several batteries in the UPS and while the battery voltage may show 13 volts, this may only be a float charge/voltage and a true indication of the battery voltage and condition requires the batteries to be tested under a load. If one battery is faulty in a set of batteries it will causes the whole battery system to fail and indicate a battery fault. A faulty charging circuit will not charge the batteries and will also cause a fault condition. Lower powered and cheaper type UPS are switch over types, when the mains supply fails, the UPS switches over to the battery and inverter in milli-seconds which then supplies mains power to the computer and peripherals. A faulty inverter circuit and or flat batteries won’t deliver standby power when the mains supply fails. NOTE the power waveform from these UPS is a pseudo sine wave (i.e. not a true sine wave).
The true UPS types are usually the higher KVA units (over 1500 VA) that supply continuous mains power. The mains power is connected to a charger which charges the batteries and the inverter draws power from these batteries and converts it to true sine wave mains power to the computer equipment, therefore there is no switch over time lag when the mains supply fails.
Intermittent activity may be associated with a disruption of continuity between the power supply and the video circuit board. Commonly the condition was damage from a power surge and for what it is worth; I strongly suggest that if your repair or replace the device; obtain a UPS rated at 1000 Watts. A UPS is a battery backup surge controller. Uninterruptable Power Supplly.
It won't be cheap because of the power a decent AC demands but an appropriately-sized "on-line" Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) supplies power from internal batteries continuously but when AC is available, the batteries are just paralleled to the line so any appliance plugged into the UPS never notices the power failure; at least until the batteries are exhausted.
Since you didn't include the make and model, no one can tell you the backup capability you need or which voltage it requires (120 or 220VAC).
first the correct model # is M61wh74s.
there are two differnet lamps that may have been installed at the time of manufacture. you should remove the lamp access door and use the lamp part # printed on the label pasted to the inside of the access door. To use any other or a sub (which are only good for about a year) will down grade the brill of the picture and cause undue load on the ballast (supply cirucit for the lamp). Additionally if you are in an area that experiences frequent brown outs (power reduction to the home) I strongly suggest using a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) to power your DLP TV.
Did it just start, or has it happened before, if so, how often?
I've found that I have to reboot my Belkin router, usually daily!
What I've found was my wireless headphones were interferring with the wireless channels on my Belkin. I ended up unplugging my wireless headphones while on the internet, then plugging them back when I wanted to use them.
I even went into the router's software and changed the wireless channel to see if that would help, it didnt.
Things that I found to interfere with Belkin Wireless Routers:
1. wireless headphones
2. cordless phones
3. UPS (uninterruptable power supply), (SOME) for some reason it's emitting frequencies within the wireless band of the router.
4. Cable In-House Amplifier
5. Ive had two really weird ones, a microwave oven and a clock radio. I traced those by switching off circuit breakers, until the problem quit.
Work-around Solution, Ive had to move my router as far away as possible from these sources, or these sources away from the router, except of course my wireless headphones, didnt matter where I put it, it still affected the router. Hope this helps.
sounds like you have too many devices plugged in, it's not the ups that's failing it's the amount of power it takes to keep all you devices running. you may want to buy a larger ups or you can unplug some of the devices you don't need in the event of power outage. if it's just your pc your power supply might be sucking up alot of juice, i'd check and see what the power consumption rate is on that particular power supply.