I have had a new LG Steam Washer for 3 weeks and I go to turn it on to wash clothes and the display is lit, but blank. This is model # WM2688H*MA. Please advise. I have unplugged and replugged and this did not work.
Thanks so much in advance.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
have you heard beep when you turn it on? if not washer is off. If it won't turn on could be the power button(or main baord). Compare the touch of power button with the other buttons. Light on means you have power coming to the washer. Thx
Same problem here....I have had my brand new Whirlpool Duet Steam front load washer for a whole 4 days... It has worked perfectly until now. I checked on the clothes because it seemed like they just kept going and going... they were soaking wet!! When I took the clothes out the dryer had a huge puddle of water in it..Can anyone offer any help?
My LG stunk too. I did the tub washing with 1 cup bleach and wiping the rim, leaving everything open, nothing worked. I added 2 cups of a 6% bleach and used the tub cleaning cycle, rinsed with an empty hot water cycle then added bleach-able clothes to the 2nd hot water rinse (the third cycle/step). It gets a very strong bleach smell so don't take a whiff if you open the door in the first 2 cycles! After I did the strong bleach cycle, I am able to treat with just the 1 cup bleach about every 3 or 4 weeks and I make sure to wash with a hot water wash every week and a half at the least. This seems to keep my clothes smelling fresh like they should. Before I bought the LG, I read where people turned up the amount of water the washer takes in but I can't find the link that said how to do that. I think it was 1/4 turn on a screw on the top of the machine (when you take the cover off) but I can't guarantee how to do that.
I have exactly the same problem. The motor is covered by a 3 year warranty. You'll have to pay for labour. I will not buy any LG product in the future. Its junk.
Technician said the motor requires replacing. I believe its a computer module error. Some people were advised to unplug the machine for 2 hours and allow the computer to reboot! This does not sound like a mechanical issue. Whatever it is the machine is poorly developed and completely overpriced. Customer service is non-existent. Website is cumbersome and unhelpful. looks like a money grab to me by Lucky Goldstar (yes, LG is the new name for Goldstar, a low end appliance manufacturer of the past)
Disatisfied Customer (5 weeks out of warranty)
The steam will only run on certain cycles. If you look at your dial you will see a pink line which indicates which one. Your unit does have a recirculatting pump, maybe you are confusing the two. One way to check is to run a delicate cycle. During the operation press the wash/rinse and soil level buttons together. Hold them, a display will pop up with readings in the second coloumn, and second row it will display the tempurature of the steam generator in ceilsus. This will confirm whether or not it is on.
Thanks to a couple of previous responders, 6 months of frustration has now ended - I can now run the Tub Clean on my LG Steam Washer! I first want to say that it is important not to get excited and start pushing buttons randomly, as I think I had been doing for all these months when I couldn't get Tub Clean to work by pushing the button in for 3 seconds. Just do the following, which combines and expands on a couple of previous responses:
1. I had to deactivate the Spin Sense, and if your Spin Sense is ON, you will have to do this too. (It is ON if the spin speed light flashes while any of the wash cycles is in progress. If spin speed button does not flash while a wash cycle is in progress, the Spin Sense is already off.) So how to deactivate Spin Sense? Select Speed Wash, and start the cycle. Let it run for about 20 seconds and THEN push and HOLD IN in the Spin Sense option button for 3 seconds. The blinking spin speed button will stop blinking and you will then know that the Spin Sense is OFF.
2. Once Spin Sense is off: Start with your machine turned off. Then push the power button on and select the RINSE AND SPIN option button. Then START the Rinse and Spin cycle. Let it run for about 5 seconds and then PUSH IN AND HOLD THE TUB CLEAN OPTION BUTTON FOR 3 SECONDS. You will then see the little LED light panel show something that looks like tcl. And you are there! Just leave it alone .... the LED will change to one hour and 25 minutes. And it will clean your machine just great.
3. Don't forget to put your bleach in the detergent cup before you start all of this.
I want to thank the two responders above who gave me the essential features for this fix. I forgot to make a note of their names before I started this response, but you can see who they are. I am so excited. Now EVERYTHING works on my LG Steam Washing Machine. I love this machine. It is a miracle of cleaning, especially since I own 4 large breed dogs and am washing and sanitizing large hairy and smelly bedding each and every day. And I no longer have to iron anything - I just use the steam cycle to unwrinkle our clothes. Best washer I have ever owned (and I have owned another major brand of large capacity front loading washer before - no comparison).