Question about Computers & Internet
I want to restore my Sony PCG-U1 7" UMPC, but I believe that if I do this (to original settings) it restores to the Japanese settings. The reason for wanting to restore is that I want to sell it. Is there any way I can safely sell it without restoring to original settings?
Um... You could take it to a place like best buy and have them wipe the hard drive clean with-out restoring it... I hope this helps you out..
Option 2 and the hardest for you do it your self.
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Jan 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 04, 2013 | Panasonic Toughbook 52 Notebook...
Feb 25, 2013 | Gateway MT6705 Notebook
Feb 15, 2013 | Gateway LT2021u Netbook
3. Restore complete system menu. From the left menu of Vaio Recovery Center select "Restore complete system"
4. Start button.
5. Select "Restore C: drive" and hit Next.
6. Read the information on this new window, select "I understand" and hit Start.
7. "Are you sure?" If you made backup for all your data and really want to restore your Vaio as it was when you bought it you have to make sure that have it plugged in to a stable source of energy and press YES.
8. So ... next you should sit back and relax. Your computer will start showing the next messages
Windows is loading files ...
Restoring your operating system
Please wait a moment while Windows prepares to start for the first time...
Windows Vista setup: The initial setup may take up to 15 minutes. Do not turn off the computer. Click OK to continue the setup process and wait until the "Set up Windows screen appears". Select OK
9. Take your time until your system install VAIO software
Finish to restart.
10. That's all. Now, your VAIO has the original operating system, drivers and software. Now you have to configure your VAIO as you want.
Aug 21, 2012 | Sony VAIO VPCEB42FX/BJ Notebook
Apr 02, 2012 | Sony VAIO PCG-TR3AP1 Notebook
Aug 08, 2011 | Sony VAIO PCG-K23 Notebook
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!