Question about Microwave Ovens
Its a pity youare so far away I live in Malta and the microwave keep blowing my house fuse. Can you help please.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Fuses keep blowing out
In case it's still helpful, I'll inject a little sanity into the replies.
If the fuse blows as soon as you hit Start, it's probably a shorted high-voltage capacitor. That's usually economical to repair.
If the fuse blows a few seconds after you hit Start, it's probably a shorting high-voltage transformer. That's usually not economical to repair.
It's not radiation (non-ionizing RF by the way) that's the hazard, it's the voltages.
Posted on Nov 05, 2007
Galanz's website seems to be useless. I tried finding information but kept being told "no data available." So while I can't tell you where to find the manual, here's something to try. Most microwaves get put into lock by pressing and holding one of the buttons for longer than normal, or by pressing one of the buttons several times in a row. Some ovens use the TIMER button. It won't be one of the number keys, but one of the function buttons. So start with a button, press and hold it for at least 5 seconds before you let go. If nothing happens then try another button. If that doesn't solve the problem, then try pressing each function key several times before moving on to the next one. If that still doesn't get it going, maybe a store in your area that sells Galanz will take a look at the book for you. The process should be the same for any similar model.
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
20A ceramic fuses can be had in most
grocery stores, hardware stores, home improvement centers, and big box
or department stores.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
SOURCE: microwave blowing fuses
Sanyo isn't that great of a manufacturer.. I had a microwave from them a few years back that did the same thing.. The wiring inside the microwave is shot.. if you were to open it up, you'd probably see some burnt wires from a short. If you use the microwave over a range, it may be because of grease build-up...
anyhow, its better that you invest in a new microwave, rather than fix it. It will be much more cost efficient
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2011 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Feb 13, 2010 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Feb 10, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 07, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 10, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 23, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 13, 2009 | Welbilt MR755T Microwave Oven
May 28, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
May 05, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
273 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!