Question about Dell Inspiron 1000 Notebook
Hi ..i turn on laptop, the microsoft windows XP window appears with the little box with the blue scrolling marque light going across the little box then it goes blank but you can see the the screen isnt total darkness then it flickers slightly.then the Dell Logo with the black screen appears this routine continues til i hold the power buttom down and hear a sharp click to turn off. then when i turn back on i get that message apoologizing for the inconveince that windows was shut down and the 4 choices of how i want to start my computer i have treid all 4 but nothing but the same as described...also makes sound like something is running inside like when you first put in a disk. do you have any idea what might be wrong.
This is a problem with windows you will need to reinstall you will either need to use the cd that came with your laptop (if one was included) or using the recovery partition. You can learn how to use the dell recovery partition in your user manual.
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
Jan 27, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
Please go through the below step, you can able to do it.
1) Shut down the Dell Latitude D620 if it's currently powered on. Click "Start" in the left-hand corner of the screen to access Windows' shut down options. Alternatively, press and hold the Latitude's power button, located on the top edge of the laptop's keyboard.
2) Turn on the computer by pressing the laptop's power button.
3) Press and hold "F8" on the top of the laptop's keyboard immediately after turning the computer on. If the Windows logo appears on the screen, you're too late and must repeat Steps 1 through 3 again. If you pressed it in time, a list of text options will appear on the screen.
4) Use your keyboard's arrow keys to scroll down to "Repair Your Computer." Push the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
5) Choose a language from the next list and select "Next." If you've password-protected your laptop, you will be prompted to enter your user name and password at this time.
6) Press "Dell Factory Image Restore." A new window will appear. Click "Next" and select the option for reformatting the hard drive and restoring the factory condition of the laptop.
Dec 17, 2010 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
Dec 13, 2010 | Dell Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Nov 29, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Oct 05, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Jul 27, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Jun 09, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2009 | Dell Latitude C640 Intel Pentium 4-M...
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!