I signed up Google gmail, and now my phone has locked up on me and I can't use my phone at all. I have tried using the login information and the phone isn't recoginizing it for some odd reason. How can I get my phone unlocked? is there a way of resetting it??
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: My phone has locked up!
1) Turn Off the Phone 2) Remove Battery 3) Remove Sim Card 4) Put battery and sim card again 5) Turn On the phone 6) Press Menu 7) Factory Data Reset (Remember that: This action will reset the phone to its initial factory state, erasing all data and wonloaded applications, so BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP first you try this). Press "reset phone"
HARD RESET 1) Turn off the Phone 2) Press HOME + POWER KEYS (keep them holding for about 25 secs) until you see a screen with a phone and a triangle.
3) SLIDE YOUR KEYBOARD TO OPEN IT 4) press ALT + l ( TO SHOW YOU OPTIONS) 5) Press ALT + W ( TO FORMAT ALL DATA)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Adding a Google account to your phone is optional, but highly recommended, and necessary in order to access the Android Marketplace. If you have a Gmail account, use your sign-in for this, otherwise sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount
Dear Friend,>If you use Gmail with your Google Account, it's not currently possible to change your Gmail username after you've registered. You can, however, create another Google Account with a different Gmail username. >To change the email address on your account, just follow these steps:
I guess you have factory reset the phone and it swap out everything.
G1's much-vaunted first step during the setup is to enter your Google
login username and password. Once that happens, the G1 attempts to
connect to Google's servers to get your email, contacts, and calendar
set up. Here's the thing, though, if (or when) the G1 cannot
connect to the servers, you're done. There is no way to exit out of the
Google setup screen, no clear way to reset the phone to bypass it (even
in "safe mode"), no way to turn on WiFi.
Right now the G1 is having issues logging into the phone after you get locked out using a screen pattern. Just try to remember to write down the username and password you used the first time that way you won't lose the information on your phone by having to reset it. Also make sure you are typing it carefully and make sure to enter your whole gmail address too (Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org). Also if you have had to change your password from a computer after you logged into your G1, it does not take the password change. A way to avoid that is to login to the G1 again. Sync your contacts to gmail first (Settings > Data Synchronization > Menu > Sync Now). Then go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Apps > Clear Data. To sign in again go to Settings > Data Synchronization and it will give you the option to create an account or sign in.
1. Turn the G1 off. If it’s frozen on, take the battery out and put it back in the unit. 2. Hold the Home and Power keys down at same time for about 25 seconds. You will see a yellow triangle screen with exclamation point in the middle. Now to wipe the device clean: 3. Press Alt+L. 4. Press Alt+W for a factory reset. 5. Press the Home and Back keys again for about 25 seconds. The device should then reset again and the hard reset is complete.
Hi, I had that problem. I first verified that my TMobile internet was activated on my account and on my SIM card by putting the card in another phone and connecting to the 'net on it. Then I found the APN setting on the G1 and I changed the APN at the heading "T-Mobile US" from the new 3G APN "epc.tmobile.com" to the older APN "internet2.voicestream.com". The APNs can be accessed on your still-locked phone by pushing the "Menu" button at the sign-in screen. Scroll down to "T-Mobile US", select it and change "epc.tmobile.com" to "internet2.voicestream.com", exit by pushing the left-arrow button a few times, then re-enter your GMail info. If the "Edge" icon has appeared in the menu bar area, then you're golden!
you need to factory reset your phone. this website shows you what to do without having to access anything on your phone - the first step is shutting it off. follow these steps and your phone will turn on, the only drawback is it will be like its new, and you'll have to re-download all the apps and stuff. it also has you sign up for gmail, and i suggest that you create a gmail address and write it down so it doesnt happen again :) http://androidcentral.com/factory-reset-tmobile-g1/