Question about Panasonic NV-GS15 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Whenever power is turned on I am getting a message in LCD panel flashes the message stating " Push the reset switch" Even if I push the reset switch and turn the camera off & on it back again the same message is coming back again & again. I even tried it with different batteries & direct power but the results are same. I removed the inserted tape & tried it with new casset but no luck. With this message flashing I can not operate anything. Is this due to exposure to condensation or mechanical defect? User manual does not specify this & does not even tell what causes this message coming. Can you please help me with this matter? Thanks, Nagaraj
I had the same problem with the 'push the rest button' on the display after the tape mechanism jammed up against the tape compartment cover. I figured there was probably a mechanical error, possibly a switch. I dissassembled the camcorder and found the tape compartment cover switch was sticking. Here's how to fix it with some photos to illustrate:
1. Open the tape compartment door and remove the screws in the small plastic cover (fig. 1). Remember to look a which screw came from each hole as they are all different.
2. Remove the plastic part from above the tape mechanism (fig. 2)
3. Remove the screw above the front grip belt mount (fig. 3)
4. Remove the screw above the mic (fig. 4)
5. Remove the battery and take out the screw at the top left under the viewfinder (fig. 5)
6. Take out the screws under the LCD monitor (fig. 6)
7. Remove the two screws from the front underside of the camera body (fig. 7)
8. Now you can slide the front of the camera, together with the curved aluminium top section away from the main body of the camera (fig. 8)
9. It is possible to reach the switch with the front moved forward slightly, but it is possible to take the front off entirely by removing the wiring ribbon with the green tab (fig. 9)
10. Clean the brown switch at the bottom left of the exposed camera front with a soft brush/air (fig. 10 )
11. Reassembly is the reverse of the above procedure.
Hopefully this will mean no more frustration with the 'press reset button' screen.
Posted on Jan 16, 2011
I have the same problem with my new Panasonic Camcorder, and found out the problem came from using a mini DV tape rewinder to rewind the tapes (all brand new). It looks that the camcorder does not read the length after the rewinding. I spent an hour to forword the tape to its end by a pencil then the error is gone. Not a good solution but there is a reason.
Posted on Dec 26, 2007
I had the same problem, I took it to panasnic and had to replace the
tape carriage mechanism, fixed the problem but was EXPENSIVE (but less
than a new camera so decided to do it).
Technician said lack of use causes the carriage to seize up (I barely use my camera) he said store with tape out of camera, and once a week play / record for a few minutes to keep the carriage in good working order.
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
I notice this happens right after changing the tape. it's a PITA, but make sure the doors all close tightly is my best suggestion.
Posted on Nov 09, 2007
I was having the same problem and now, the power has stopped coming 'ON', neither the casette comes out. Need urgent help Anant
Posted on Jan 25, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 27, 2011 | Canon MX310 Office All-In-One Printer
Jan 07, 2011 | Sharp Aquos LC-46D62U 46 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 06, 2011 | Sharp LC-52D64U 52 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 18, 2010 | Sharp Aquos LC-46D62U 46 in. LCD HDTV
May 17, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Oct 12, 2009 | Hannspree 22" widescreen LCD Flat Panel HD...
Apr 10, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 17, 2008 | Astar LTV-3201 32 in. LCD Television
Feb 12, 2014 | Panasonic NV-GS15 Mini DV Digital...
1,824 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!