Question about Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook

Open Question

Which is the positive wire out of a laptop ac adaptor?

Dog chewed toshiba laptop plug on it's 15w ac adaptor. Plug is somewhere inside dog & we're not going there...

One of the wires coming out of the adaptor is black, the other is black but with 1/2'' striped white line running the length of it.

Which is the positive from the adaptor?

Thank you ahead of time!

Posted by on

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where does the thick green wire with a female connector plug into?


the green wire is the ground,connect it to any screw that is screwed into the metal inside frame

May 16, 2015 | Proform Exercise & Fitness

1 Answer

Our dog chewed the cable for the plug on our freezer ..repaired the cable and changed the plug but still not working


Your breaker tripped as he chewed it . Turn off the breaker then back on . It should be fine.

Feb 21, 2013 | Freezers

1 Answer

Laptop keyboard does not work after dog laid on computer


Tell dog to grab it's allowance, and buy you a new laptop

NO?

Then protest around the dog daily until it does

(No, you have to feed it)


[Hold the dog's chew toy for ransom. Chew on it a little bit so dog will get the message.
"Hey! Ain't kidding around here! Laptop or I keep this!" ]

OR,

Remove ALL power. Remove the AC adapter (Charger), and Battery.
Press the Power On button, and hold it in for a count of 10 seconds.
(And I mean 10. Count; 1001,..1002,..1003,...etc)

Let go of the Power On button. Do this procedure two more times.
Reinstall Battery, THEN reattach AC adapter to laptop, and THEN plug AC adapter into power.

WAIT 1 minute,....turn the laptop on.

Post back in a Comment.
Regards,
joecoolvette

[Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating it! ]

Dec 25, 2012 | Compaq Computers & Internet

1 Answer

DOG CHEWED THROUGH ADAPTER WIRE IT BANGED NOW LIGHT ON FRONT OF LAPTOP KEEPS GOING ORANGE LAPTOP WORKS FINE WHEN ON MAINS LEAD BUT NOT ON BATTERY ALONE IT GOES OFF HAS IT BLOWN SOMETHING INSIDE ?


Hi, it most likely has burnt out the sub board which has the DC socket on it and/or the motherboard. But I would point it almost completely at this sub board. You would also need to replace your AC adaptor as it has a "smart chip" inside it which would have also fried. Your battery is most likely ok. Hope this helps

Nov 06, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook

1 Answer

Our dog chewed through the wires that i believe run to the thermostat, tried to reconnect the wires and still not running, also tried new fuses and still nothing, just wondering if another part needed to...


shorting the wires usually just blows the fuse on the control board in the inside unit. BUT there is a chance the contactor coil was shorted out as well. Will the inside fan come on if placed in the ON position but the system switch in OFF ? If not check the transformer in the cabinet of inside unit.

Aug 20, 2010 | Goodman Heating & Cooling

2 Answers

My dog chewed through a group of multi-colored wires on my AC outside. Is there any way that i can fix this?


HI there well i think what you dog chewed on was the thermostat wires. if you tell me the colors maybe i can help you out.
ordonez305@aol.com
This is my e-mail

Jun 03, 2010 | Ruud UBHC Air Conditioner

1 Answer

My dog chewed my power cord. Dh "spliced" and taped for now. The laptop will work with power cord, but battery will not hold ANY sort of charge. Is the problem my cord or the battery now?


ask the dog.....!!!
ok sorry jokes apart...

was the battery working before ur dog helped u out...
remove the power cord and check how long ur battery can hold on till it dies down...when ur notbook is ON

if it holds for more than 10 mins then the battery will charge if the power cord gives it enough power to charge, else u may have a power adaptor that gives enough for notebook to work but not enough for the battery to charge at the same time....
u may have to change both the adaptor and battery....or else change the dog...ha ha ha...
u r the best judge....ask the dog to do some work on it may be......
just kidding....

Dec 14, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook

1 Answer

My dog chewed up wiring on outside unit and i dont know where they hook up it is a 4 wire set up with red white blue and green large ac unit dog chewed thru little brown wire leading to house and now ac...


That wire is to your thermostat which of course turns the A/C on/off. One thing you can do is to splice the wire back together w/ small wire nuts (available at hardware store or wal-mart, and just hook it up color to color and then tape w/ electrical tape. Make sure you turn your breaker off and turn off the thermostat control.

Feb 11, 2009 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Pwer adaptor wiring jack plug


try ebay the mite have some lala linda www.ebay.com

Jan 05, 2009 | HP Compaq nx6110 PC Laptop

Not finding what you are looking for?
Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook Logo

Related Topics:

73 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Toshiba Computers & Internet Experts

Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan

Level 3 Expert

27725 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18381 Answers

k24674

Level 3 Expert

7993 Answers

Are you a Toshiba Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...