After washing one load of laundry (in stacked unit) I tried to open the dryer door to put load in, but it is locked and will not open. I can see that the "latch" or "bolt" (in upper left corner above door) is down, and I can't figure out how to release it. All the dials are in the off position.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Assuming that you've installed the stack kit according to instructions, you should check the following:
1. The dryer should be securely attached to the washer and not wiggle or move. The washer must always go on the bottom of the stack.
2. Washer should be level and have all four level legs making solid contact with the floor, no wobbling.
3. Make sure the drain hose is not pinched or restricted (or there is not debris in the drain pump) as a slow pump out will accentuate vibration problems.
4. Make certain you've removed all of the washer packing bolts before using the machine (see owners manual for description.)
5. The floor must be solid with no "springy" or "spongy" feel. No matter what you do to the laundry set it will vibrate on a less than solid floor. This occurs on upstairs installations or other wooden floors, especially in an older home. Sometime the floor can be braced to stiffen it. Also, vibration pads are sold that might help minimize the vibration. The walking is a symptom of vibration.
Experience shows that most problems of this sort result from incorrect installation and/or flooring issues, not the laundry. You should not attach it to the wall. It is possible the washer has a problem in which case a technician would need to check the unit. They can check the suspension and drive system for proper operation.
Examine the household fuses or circuit breakers if the unit is not working, as the Epic z dryer uses more than one circuit or fuse. Replace or reset as necessary. Use a power outlet with 240 volts or more, which you can determine with a volt meter. 2
Close the Epic z door firmly and press the "Power" button for at least one second if the dryer has power but isn't working. If there is no heat, verify that you selected a heat dry option.
Look inside the dryer for objects that may have fallen out of pockets if there is a clicking or thumping noise. Examine the drum edges and remove items if possible. Separate pieces of clothing inside the dryer if the items got tangled together, and reduce the load size if necessary. 4
Tighten the legs on the dryer if the unit is rocking side to side during use. All four legs should touch the floor evenly. Adjust as needed. 5
Press and hold "Start" if a "PF" (power failure) error code appears. If the code persists, press "Power" and then a new cycle selection. 6
Contact Maytag for help if an error code with an "E" and a number appears on the display. Washer 7
Ensure the Epic z washing machine is plugged into a grounded three-prong outlet if it doesn't start. Shut the lid firmly and press a wash cycle before selecting "Start." Select "Start/Pause" if an error code appears on the display and unplug the unit for several minutes. Reconnect power and choose a new cycle before pressing "Start." 8
Verify that the hose connections are tight on both ends and only high-efficiency (HE) detergent is being used if the washer is leaking. Do not open the washer lid during the wash cycle, as water can deflect off items and splash out of the washing machine. 9
Select "Rinse and Drain/Spin" if the door does not unlock. This removes any excess water from the washer tub. If "Add a Garment" is illuminated, select "Start/Pause" to unlock the door. 10
Verify that you placed the correct detergent in the correct dispenser if the dispenser is clogged or is not dispensing as expected. Wipe out the dispenser drawer with a damp cloth and dry it before adding the correct detergent. 11
Leave the door open after use (if small children and/or pets are not present) if the washer smells badly. Place a laundry cleaning tablet, available at grocery and hardware stores, into the washer and set the washer to the highest temperature wash possible to clean the unit. Both Units 12
Set a piece of 3/4-inch plywood under the washer or dryer (or both if stacked) if the machine is thumping or vibrating or the floor seems too weak to support the unit(s). 13
Tighten the feet on the unit and make sure all four feet are level on the ground if there is vibrating or thumping during use. 14
Do not connect the washer or dryer to an extension cord, as extension cords cannot supply the power necessary for the unit(s).
Sounds like a bad timer. Your dryer is a Whirlpool product.so a replacement timer should be easy to locate. If the timer is advancing but the dryer won't stop, the problem could be the control unit. Run another load of clothes and take notice of the timer's position. If it doesn't run out, then it's very likely the timer. The video below shows step by step instructions for replacing the timer unit.
1. Place a strip of electrical tape over the latch of the dryer. If your dryer loads from the front, simply locate the latch and place a strip of electrical tape over it. This will stop the door from "catching." 2. Put a wooden dowel on the base of your top loading dryer and prop open the top, the same way you open the hood of your car. This will keep the dryer door open quite easily. 3. Tie a piece of string to the knob on the dryer door. Then tie the other end of the string to something else sturdy in your laundry room. Make sure the string is taut. This will also keep your dryer door open.
first thing you should do is check the flow of your vent, a clogged vent can cause all your problems check it outside while the unit is running you should get really good flow compare it to the flow of the dryer with the vent hose off the dryer completly. they should be fairly close or just run it with out the vent hooked up to the vent if you have an electric but not with a gas dryer
moch, the fact that the light is staying on when the door is closed leads me to believe that the door switch is the culprit. If that switch is not made you will not start. See if the pin is broken off. Start there and let me know. Catriver.