Question about Hansgrohe 17224 Axor Carlton Vertical Bidet Faucet With Cross Handles....

1 Answer

Cross handle hansgrohe faucet I can't remove top piece

My faucet is leaking near the cross handle. Insturction with cartridge describes that the piece just below the cross handle has to be removed. I've tried a strap wrench, but I can't keep strap from slipping toward top of housing and thus can't torque suffeciently to remove housing. Any tips?

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 22, 2014

    Need to remove housing

  • Anonymous Mar 29, 2014

    The faucet is leaking. I remove the top of the handle but I can't determine how to remove valve stem to fix the leak


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 68 Answers

Use a rubber glove between the strap wrench and the fixture. It is a little monkey business but keeps the strap from slipping.


Posted on Dec 17, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Dismantle the handle plug

Most Hansgrohe faucets or handles have a plug in them. This does not come apart but in most cases you simply push the plug into the handle and once you have removed the hendle you can retrieve the plug from inside the handle or on top of the faucet. If you need further help fell free to contact Hansgrohe Tech at 1-800-334-0455 press 2 for Technical.

Apr 05, 2013 | Hansgrohe Plumbing

1 Answer

Manual for hansgrohe 14010 faucet

The 14010 faucet does not have any adjustment for handle tension. It uses a cartridge to control the on/off functions. If it is hard to turn on and off it may mean the cartridge has debris in it or has worn out over time. You may need to replace the cartridge. This should be part number 92730000. List is $48 and it is available through your local dealer or online dealer. If you need further help feel free to contact Hansgrohe Tech at 1-800-334-0455.

Jan 28, 2013 | Hansgrohe Plumbing

1 Answer

Leaking tap

This is most likely a cartridge that has worn out and needs to be replaced. Most of the kitchen faucets use cartridge number 92730000. This is available through your local dealer or online dealer. If you need further help feel free to contact me at Hansgrohe 1-800-334-0455. Press 2 for tech and ask for David Scarborough.

Oct 10, 2012 | Hansgrohe Plumbing

1 Answer

Hansgrohe axor faucet jammed

On this model the escutcheons will turn counter clockwise and the whole handle will lift off as one unit. In some cases water deposits can cause the handle to stick and you may need to use CLR to lossen the deposits. In some other cases installers will put the handle on first and then tighten the valve to the deck. This causes the handle to be too tight to the deck and can strip the handle fixation. Try loosening the the valve set below the handle and see if the handle is easier to remove once the valve is loosened. If you need further help feel free to contact me at Hansgrohe Technical Services at 1-800-334-0455. Press 2 for Tech and ask for David Scarborough.

Sep 16, 2012 | Hansgrohe 31063001 Metris S Widespread...

1 Answer

Stiff cold water handle bathroom Hansgrohe

If the handle is hard to turn it is most commonly caused by water deposits in the handle or in the cartridge below. I would try removing the handle to ensure it turns freely when not installed on the faucet. If not you can clean it with CLR to remove the water deposits that are making it difficult to turn. If the handle turns freely when not installed you will need to remove the cartridge and inspect it to ensure it is not broken or damaged in any way. There could be debris in the cartrige that has either made it hard to turn or broken the ceramic disks. Our handles are easily removed by turning the bell shaped ecutcheon below the lever or cross handle. There are not set screws that hold them on. If you need further information feel free to call me at 1-800-334-0455. Press 2 for tech and ask for David Scarborough.

Aug 07, 2012 | Hansgrohe - Lavatory Faucet - Centerset -...

1 Answer

How to replace hansgrohe M2 cartridge

First you will need to tighten the set screw all the way back in. The use your 4mm hex wrench to turn the screw 4 complete turns counter clockwise. Then remove your hex wrench and the handle should come off. There will be a dome shaped cover with blue and red indicator marks. This will simply pull off the cartridge nut. It is held on by o-ring tension only. Once removed you will see the large hex head of the cartridge retainer nut. Loosen this nut and the nut and cartridge will come out of the faucet. Don't be alarmed if your new cartridge is smaller than your old one. There has been a design change in the cartridge so it will fit smaller bodied faucets but will still replace the older thicker cartidge. If you need any further information feel free to give me a call at Hansgrohe. 1-800-334-0455. Press 2 for tech and ask for David Scarborough. I'd be glad to help.

Aug 04, 2012 | Hansgrohe Plumbing

1 Answer

How do I fix a leaking hansgrohe solaris bathroom faucet?

If this is a widespread faucet you will need to turn the bell shaped portion of the handle counter clockwise to remove the handle as one unit. Then you will see the hex nut of the cartridge that will unscrew counter clockwise to remove. If this is a single hole unit you will need to loosen the set screw on the handle to remove it and then remove a cover ring to access the cartridge nut. If you need any further assistance feel free to call me at Hansgrohe. 1-800-334-0455 press 2 for Tech and ask for David Scarborough. I'll be happy to help.

May 25, 2012 | Hansgrohe Plumbing

1 Answer

How to fix a leaky Moen faucet that leaks at the spout ,which is separate from the handle?

These faucets can leak in three different places:

  1. Internally at the valve seat
    You'll see water dripping from the spout. This means the rubber washer is worn or damaged. To replace the washer, remove the decorative cap from the handle. Remove the retaining screw and pull off the handle. Remove the decorative cover, called an escutcheon, if there is one. Unscrew the packing nut counterclockwise. Unscrew the valve stem and remove it. Remove the screw that holds the rubber washer in place. Because these washers come in many shapes and sizes, you'll want to take the old one to the hardware store and buy an exact replacement. Be sure to buy two washers so you'll have one for the other valve. Replace the washer and reassemble the faucet.
  2. Around the handle
    If you see water coming from below the handle, the packing nut is leaking. Older faucets have a string-like graphite packing material wrapped around the stem. Newer faucets use an O-ring. First try tightening the packing nut clockwise... about one-half turn. If this doesn't stop the leak, remove the packing nut and replace the packing or O-ring; then reassemble the faucet. If the valve is using the graphite packing material, it might be a clue that you should shop for a new faucet.

  3. Between a pivoting spout and the body
    The spout might be held in place with a packing nut, similar to the faucet stem, or it might have a nut at the top of the spout. In either case, remove the spout and replace the packing material or the O-ring seal. Then reassemble the faucet.
Single lever faucets also are known as "washerless" faucets. They are easier to repair than compression faucets after you determine what type of faucet you have. There are three types of washerless faucets: ball, ceramic disk and cartridge.
Leaks are evident in two places... dripping from the spout and seeping from around the spout where it joins the body of the faucet.
Leaks from the spout indicate that the ball, disk or cartridge is leaking. To repair, turn off the water to the faucet, then remove the handle. The handles on ball-type faucets are held in place with a setscrew that requires an Allen wrench to loosen. Ceramic disk and cartridge-type handles usually are held in place by a screw hidden beneath a cap.
On ball and ceramic disk-type faucets, remove the ball or disk and replace the seals. You can buy replacement kits for these faucets at the hardware store or home center.
On cartridge-type faucets, remove the spout and pull out the retainer clip that holds the cartridge in place. To remove the cartridge, pull on the cartridge stem with a twisting motion. If it resists, install the handle so you can a better grip on the cartridge to pull it out. Take the cartridge to the hardware store or home center and purchase an exact replacement kit.
Reassemble the faucet according to directions.
Leaks at the spout-to-body joint indicate an O-ring failure. Disassemble the faucet as described above. Remove the spout sleeve and replace the O-rings. It's a good idea to replace these seals if you have the faucet disassembled for repair of the ball, disk or cartridge.

Sep 10, 2011 | Moen Plumbing

1 Answer

I have a Hansgrohe kitchen faucet model P-IX 9538/IBO KIWA and it has a driping leak. Does anyone know how to fix this? It does not look like a regular faucet that I am accustomed to fixing. Thanks, Rich

Is this the Axor model with one handle? Of so you need to get a new element - the central piece inside the faucet - from Hansgrohe which costs about $45. It comes with a little repair kit that has very low quality instructions.
You need to use a metric tool #3 to unscrew the little piece in the back of the handle - then the handle comes off. You have to pull it hard to get it off.
The repair kit that comes with the element has a tool to screw off the main collar of the faucet and pull out the old element. The tool is a piece of junk that bends out of shape immediately and doesn't open the collar, and possibly cuts your hand in the process. Somebody at Hansgrohe was too busy having a coffee break to figure out that by the time you repair one of these units, it's probably been in service for several years and has a good deal of corrosion and means you need to good solid tool to unscrew the collar. The tool they send is pathetic. It's actually better, if you can, to use the side of it across the two niches in the back of the collar to make the turn. You may need to give the collar a few whacks with a small hammer to loosen it, but be careful not to hit the visible part of the faucet, is it will dent easily and not look so great after you complete the repair. Once you get the collar out the replacement isn't very hard. I've done this repair twice and am so irritated by the lousy instructions and bad tool that I'll never buy another piece from Hansgrohe.

Aug 23, 2009 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Hansgrohe 17224 Axor Carlton Vertical Bidet Faucet With Cross Handles.... Logo

688 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hansgrohe Plumbing Experts

Jim Goldsmith
Jim Goldsmith

Level 3 Expert

1869 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

37654 Answers

Daryl Gleaton

Level 3 Expert

638 Answers

Are you a Hansgrohe Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides