Question about Hoover F5810 SteamVac Upright Vacuum
I need help with identifying the tanks and which switch release the cleaner and which switch is used to **** up the solution once it is in the carpet.
I downloaded the manual for your machine, but not sure how to access it for you,but i do know about the problem, the tank that sits down on the front of the steamer and it has 2 clips that you push in to lock the tank is where your dirty water is put in when you are cleaning your carpets. the tank above ,the one where you put your solution and water in is what is used to shampoo your carpet. on the handle is a trigger (black) button ,this is the button you push in to release your solution onto your carpet. release the button to extract the water from your carpet,moving your steamer in a back and forth motion. the trigger button is the only button on the machine and is only used to put the water /cleaner located in the upper tank on your carpet, releasing this button and moving your steamer back and forth over the shampooed part with extract your dirty water into the tank that sits below the solution tank. go on www.hoover.com and click on carpet cleaners ,scroll down to find yours and click on manual. and the owner manual will download and you can print it out for future reference, i hope this will solve your problem, sandy
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2015 | Bissell ReadyClean Deep Cleaner
Jun 19, 2014 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
Jun 13, 2014 | Dirt Devil CE6100 Featherlite Upright...
May 31, 2014 | Hoover F7452-900 All-Terrain SteamVac
Apr 10, 2012 | Eureka 2596A Upright Wet/Dry Vacuum
Please check the following with liquid in both tanks.
- Check to see if the machine will spray through the hose with the setting on tools. If it does, the pump is fine. Continue troubleshooting.
- Check for debris on spray tips. Clean them with a soft brush (on old tooth brush works well). The spray tips may be lifted out for easier access.
- Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
- Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly. Depress the x on this gasket to ensure this depresses and release back out. Liquid from the tank should dispense.
- Remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
If these suggestions do not resolve the issue contact BISSELL Consumer Services.
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Sep 27, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Apr 29, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Apr 12, 2010 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Jan 28, 2009 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Sep 13, 2008 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: