Question about HP Printers & Copiers
*** Fix your HP Photosmart D7360 (Reset Code/Master Reset) ***
1- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
2- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
3- Disconnect,by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
4- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
5- Unplug power source.
6- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
7- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
8- voila, the nasty error message 0xc18a0001 "Ink System has Failed" is now gone.
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
SOURCE: HP 1280 Error message
OK, to make this clearer, I had the same problem on my HP C7180. It seems to be rampant throughout their Multifunction printers.
My Fix, combining several others:
1. Go to Printers and Faxes on your Start Menu. In the Printers window, select Server Properties from the File menu. Use the Forms tab of the Print Server Properties dialog box to view printer forms. You may also see lots of forms that you wish your printer could see, but don't worry, it'll see the one you create now. And be sure when you create your form that you use the narrower dimension for the width and the longer dimension for the height. Usually for envelopes you will print in landscape mode.
2. Select the Create A New Form check box.
3. Enter a new name for the Form in the Form Description For field.
4. Use the fields in the Measurements area to set the paper size and margins. *Use the narrower dimension for the width and the longer dimension for the height*.
5. Choose the Save Form button to save the form. The Save Form button only gets pick-able when you type in a different name than what's there already.
Now go to your document program, such as Word. Make sure the window for the document you want to print is the active window. Select File/Page Setup..., Paper Size Tab, and there select the form you just created from the dropdown list
Still in your document program, select File/Print... then Properties. Select the Features tab, which may be differently named. Under Resizing Options/Size dropdown, select More... and there you'll find your newly created form down at the bottom, under Custom. Pick it.
If you're printing envelopes or other things where the way you view it it's wider side-to-side than it is tall, be sure and select "landscape" in both "page setup..." on your document program and in File/Print.../Properties/Features?Basic Options.
When I did all this methodically, I was able to print my Christmas envelopes. Yay!
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
Fro our Fixya community:
Try holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons all at once. While holding them down, press the On button to power it off (You may need another person if you lack large, coordinated hands). Turn it back on while still holding the other buttons down. You will notice it turn itself off before "booting" fully. After it turns itself off, you can finally let go of those buttons and turn it back on normally. This will force a reset and system maintenance.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
Reset the product:
Posted on May 05, 2009
Please try this to clear the paper jam
Load a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
Posted on Jun 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2011 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 12, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet...
Jul 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart 2410 All-In-One InkJet...
May 22, 2009 | OKI B4350 Laser Printer
Mar 18, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart 1115 InkJet Printer
Oct 28, 2008 | HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: