On my Dell 924 printer, I actually have two problems:
1. When I print, the whole page prints, on the middle 1/3 of the paper, the printing is "wiggling". I realigned the cartridges (Dell cartridges) a couple of times but that did not solve the problem.
2. When I run a test page, in the section where it prints alternating blue and black boxes, I only get one row of them. Then it skips several rows and starts with the blue only.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hello You either have to change the ink cartridge or try to clean the ink cartridge nozzles as described in the user manual; http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/924/en/om_en/om_en.pdf On page 54 it states the following:
To clean the ink cartridge nozzles: 1 Load plain paper. For more information, see "Loading Paper" on page 19. 2 In Windows XP, click Start-Control Panel-Printers and Other Hardware-Printers and Faxes. In Windows 2000, click Start-Settings-Printers. 3 Right-click the Dell Photo AIO Printer 924 icon. 4 Click Printing Preferences. The Printing Preferences dialog box opens. 5 Click the Maintenance tab. 6 Click Clean Print Cartridges. 7 If the print quality has not improved, click Print Again. 8 Print your document again to verify the improved print quality. 9 If you are not satisfied with the print quality, wipe the ink cartridge nozzles, and then print your document again.
Start of layer. Dell 924 All In One Inkjet Printer. Click To Close ..... However it does a good job with photo printing on photo paper, .... I had contacted Dell about the problem I was having and I felt they were not going to do .... I bought a all in one dell printer, and it will not feed the paper, correctly. ... catalog.ebay.com/Dell-924-All-One-Inkjet-Printer-/50399257/r.html
This can happen to cartridges with attached print heads such as HP, Lexmark or
Dell. All cartridges are weighed and tested before leaving the factory so lack
of ink isn't the problem. It usually has to do with the print head of the
cartridge not having any ink to feed it. This happens because cartridges are
kept flat or upside down for weeks or months before being used and the ink
settles away from the print head. The easiest remedy is to open the box and
stand the cartridge upright for a few minutes before using. Then get a damp
paper towel, fold it into quarters and sit the cartridge print head down onto
it. Hold the cartridge down to the damp paper towel for three minutes. This will
help pull the ink out of the print heads, priming them and getting them ready to
print. Finally, install the cartridge into your printer and print a few test
to resolve this issue , execute the following steps
1. Unplug the power adapter from the printer
2. open the printer cover and look for the transparent plastic strip behind he cartridge holders, ,wipe the strip using a soft cloth.
3. connect the printer to your computer and on your computer , click on start , All programs , Dell printers, Dell AIO 924 , and then click on All in one center, a new window opens up , Click on maintenance and Troubleshoot tab (which you would find on the top in All in one center) 4.you will get a new box for maintenance and troubleshoot, in that you will get an option, Clean to Fix horizontal Streaks , click on that and it will print a page ..