I opened the door to my microwave and started the time cook. It stopped working the instant the time started. All power went out on it. I checked the breaker and that's not the problem. I also plugged another appliance in the plug in and it worked fine so it has to be something wrong with the microwave. I've read other problems and it sounds like it may be a fuse. What's your thoughts? If it is a fuse where would I purchase one for it?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: MY JVM1190WY MICROWAVE STOPPED WORKING SUDDENLY
should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
our Web site, we have a video
available showing how to remove a typical
over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
You can usually find
helpful exploded view diagrams and order
entering your full model number here.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Usually when a microwave's fuse blows, it will be dead, not partially functioning. It may be a bad door switch or mount. (Anybody in the home opening the door while it's cooking?) See our help file on door switches here.
Check whether there is a proper power supply. Look to see whether the cord is connected to a grounded 3-prong outlet and the cord is fully plugged in. If the electrical system is built-in and no power cord is visible, replace or reset the household fuse or circuit breaker.
Some basic microwave operational steps may affect whether the microwave is heating. Open and close the microwave door, as the unit will not function with the door open, and push "Stop/Clear" to cancel any previous settings, such as the timer, which do not heat the microwave oven.
Setting the Microwave
Once the power to the microwave has been reset, or verified as working, and the microwave is ready to run, select a new cook cycle and press "Start" to see if the microwave begins to run and cook food as expected. Allow the food to cook for the alloted time and then open the microwave door and check to see if the food has cooked or heated. Choose a longer cooking time and restart the microwave if food is heating but is cooking slowly.
If all efforts to troubleshoot the function and power to the microwave still do not get the appliance heating food as expected, there may be a repair issue that needs to be addressed. Contact professional technician for advice.
Solution to your microwave problem is given as below.
* 1 Set your Daewoo microwave on a countertop near an electrical outlet and plug it in. Open the door and place the circular roller guide in the center of the oven cavity, then place the glass cooking tray over it.
* 2 Set your food on a microwave-safe dish and then put the dish on the cooking tray and close the door. Make sure that it latches properly.
* 3 Turn the upper knob to select a power level. Power levels include "Defrost," "Med-High," or "High." If your Daewoo has a touch pad, touch the "Microwave" button once to set the highest power level. Touch it consecutive times to lower the power level.
* 4 Turn the lower knob to set the cooking time. For cooking times less than two minutes, turn the knob up past the two-minute mark, then back to the correct time. For touch pad models, enter in the cooking time with the numerical keys and then press "Start."
* 5 Open the door at any time to stop the cooking and check the temperature of your food. Shut the door to automatically continue cooking, or turn the timer knob to the right to add more time. For touch pads, press the "Stop/Clear" button, then key in a new cooking time and press "Start."
* 6 Open the door when the timer reaches the "Off" position and take out your food.
Do you open the door while the machine is cooking? Do it a lot? For a long time (months)? Check your door safety interlock switches. The microswitches can not stand that type of abuse. I have personal knowledge on this. I try not to open the door until it stops, but it is hard usually to do that!!!
My Panasonic 1300 W Microwave will not turn off. When I open the door after cooking it restarts and when I open the door before cooking it starts. I can stop it by pressing stop/reset before opensing the door after cooking has stopped but if I press this befroe opening the door to put a meal in to start cooking it will turn on by itself. What's causing this and is it worth fixing?
It is a door switch problem of some sort. I have two Sharp R-1611 units that do the same thing. The light and fan come on, but not the heat, thank goodness.
I am going to replace it since the plastic for the case and door is cracked in numerous places. I have spent several hours researching microwaves online have not a single clue what to replace the Sharp with. Seems like every vendor has very good units and very bad units. I guess you just pay your money and take your chances.