i first need to know what is the eror message
you need to uninstall\reinstall the printer
this can solve your problem
Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Driver (Windows)
Instructions to uninstall the printer driver
Note: If you use Add or Remove Program to uninstall the printer driver, the printer model name will remain in the Start menu. To completely remove all files, including the printer model name from the Start menu, uninstall the printer driver using the procedure described in Step 2.
- Select 'Programs' or 'All Programs' from the 'Start' menu.
- Select the printer driver you want to uninstall, and then select 'Uninstall'.
- When the confirmation message shown below is displayed, click 'OK'.
- A window showing the progress of the uninstallation is displayed. Wait until the "Uninstall successfully completed" message is displayed.
- When the message is displayed, click 'OK'.
- This completes printer driver uninstallation.
Instructions to install the printer driver for the using the prepackaged CD (Windows)
Before installing the printer driver, confirm that the printer is powered off.
- Set the prepackaged CD into the computer. (The installer starts automatically, and the following window is displayed.)
- Select 'Printer Driver' on the left side in the window, and click 'Install'. (The Printer Port dialog box is displayed.)
Note: Click 'Readme' to refer to notices on installation.
Initially, the manual is installed.
The Printer Port dialog box is displayed.
- Confirm that printer and computer are connected, and turn the printer on.
Note: To display the explanation about the printer port, click 'Help'.
- The Printer port window will be displayed while automatic recognition is performed. (After automatic recognition is completed, the window will close automatically.)
Note: It may take a while to recognize the printer automatically. If the automatic recognition is not completed, re-connect the printer cable again. If you want to select the port, check Select printer port, and click 'Manual' selection.
When the printer driver installation is completed, the message below is displayed. (Installation of the manual and printer driver, and the system setting change are completed.)
- Click 'OK'.
Note: If a BJ Raster Printer was previously installed, the following message may appear.
- Click 'Yes' to restart the system.
Note: In the Windows 98/Me environment, if a BJ Raster Printer was previously installed, it may be necessary to re-start the computer in order for the USB port driver to be updated. In this case, click 'OK' to re-start the system and begin the installation process again.
if you are not able to do so write me a email