Question about Belkin (F5D7011) 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Make sure credentials are same with the router. Alternately you can reconfigure the router with new network key that you can use for your wireless card as well
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2011 | Belkin 802.11g Wireless Notebook Network...
Jul 03, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7011) 802.11g/b Wireless...
Aug 24, 2008 | Belkin 802.11n Wireless Notebook Card, N1,...
Jul 10, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7050) 802.11a/g/b Wireless...
Nov 30, 2007 | Belkin 802.11b Wireless Notebook Network...
This is Vikram Kumar Thumu from India-Hyderabad. I have seen your message on the issue related to the Wireless Card that seems to not working well. I would like share and provide some suggestions on the issue. I hope that this should work and will resolve the issue.
Well, the message that you receive seems to be typical. To resolve this kind of issue I recommend you to check in with all possible causes that could effect the issue. This is the way where we can find the cause and resolve it.
Starting with, I would like to frame the things of possible causes for the issue.
1. Anti-virus softwares
2. If there is an issue with Wireless card.
3. If you are trying to use " Wired Network and Wireless network congifuration " at the same time then it results in error message " Media State Disconnected"
4. If Wireless Zero Configuration in OS is not running.
5. If there is an issue with software setup of Wireless card.
To isolate the issue., I recommend you to perform the steps.
** Note: Make sure that you never put in Wireless card in the Notebook when you Format your Notepad, since it could harm the Wireless Card.
Firstly, Check whether if there is any damage on the Wireless card.
Secondly, Make sure that you Power On Notebook and then insert the Wireless card. Please insert it as per manual instructions of Belkin. and Also make sure that Wireless button is ON in the Notebook before you proceed to further step.
Thirdly, Install the software of Wireless card, that is given along with Card at the time of Purchase. For the instructions of Software installation of Wireless card, please refer to the Manual or User guide of Belkin wireless card.
*** Make sure that Notebook is using or active under any one standard configuration that could be either wired or wireless . If you are using two standards at the same time, then you will receive a error message " Media Disconnected".
once if you are done with installation of software, please check the wireless configuration. If you are using the Router or Access Point in the network, then Router or Access point should be ON while installation of software for Wireless card.
If the issue still persists then it check the Wireless Zero Configuration. If it is disabled, then wireless feature in the Notebook will also be disabled.
Please perform below steps to check the wireless Zero Configuration in Windows XP.
1. Click Start, select Run. This will open a new window.
2. In the new Run Window, type as services.msc and then click ok. This will open the Services window.
3. In the services window, please locate to the file Wireless Zero Configuration and double click on the file. This should open the Properties window of Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Once the Windows is up, then make sure that Startup type is " Automatic", if it is not Automatic please select it as " Automatic and then click Apply and then click ok.
5. Close the Serivces window.
Now, if you are done with steps, please check the issue. If the issue still persists then please check the IP address of Notebook.
** If you are using Router in the network, then should be 192.168.X.Y series where X could be 0 to 254 and y should be 1 to 254.
If the issue still persists then please try to uninstall to drivers of Wireless Adapter from Device Manager.
If the issue still persists then it could be fault with either Wireless card or an issue with Router Wireless configuration settings.
Please let me know the result of the issue,. I'll help you further....
Oct 09, 2007 | Network & Wireless Adapters
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: