Is hl=dt-st dvdram gsa t20n for writing device or only for readin
On the system> device manager > hardware list it shows this as the installed hardware. however physically on the shutter is printed "rw" meaning for writing as well. it is not clear whether i can use this drive for writing dvd's or cd's. i am using hp/compaq 8710w laptop
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete 6) After deleting the keys, close the registor editor 7) Go Device manager right click on Computer (Vista) -go to properties left hadside Device manager
click the + on the CD DVD drive you will find the you find the exclamation mark right uninstall that driver and Reboot your system and the issue was resolve .
I read over the solution to the problem by deleting the lower keys in the registry,,restarted and it works fine again,,thank you.
The 1st time I tried it, there was now upper or lower keys because i had uninstalled the driver 1st.
Download the latest driver for dvd rom from Acer that will work with Vista SP1. Also try uninstalling the device in device manager and restart your computer. Vista may find "new hardware" and install the driver from its driver pack in SP1.