I have a new handset that will not register with the base unit (only 1 handset). I have followed all sony's manual's and website fixes; nothing has worked. I have tried the simple registration (prgm, intercom, sys id & prgrm) and simoutaneusly pressing ez,intercom & 1 to reset. Also I tried unplugging power adapter for both the base unit and handheld (battery) for several hours to reset both. Nothing seems to work; it tries to register but comes up with an error. I am wondering if the base unit is operating correctly or if the system ID on the back is incorrect? Thanks in advance for the help.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To un-register the SB67108 handset from a base unit, SB67118 or SB67138, you will need to do these steps in order:
1. Press menu
2. Key in this sequence *883247#
3. Select deregister
4. Unplug the battery for minimum 10 seconds
5. Plug battery back in and it will want to be registered.
6. Follow the directions in your base unit manual to reregister it.
That's it in a nut shell.
Hi, Following may be the cause for getting no link to the base. 1. The handset has lost communication with the base unit.Move closer to the base unit, and try again. 2. Confirm that the base unit’s AC adaptor is plugged in. 3. Raise the base unit antenna. 4The handset’s registration may have been cancelled .Re-register the handset. To Register, follow the below steps. Headset: Press MENU and then press ‘0’ ‘0’ Base unit: Press and hold HANDSET LOCATOR until the CHARGEindicator flashes. (After the CHARGE indicator starts flashing, the rest of the procedure must be completed within 1 minute.) Handset: Press OK, and then wait until the handsetbeeps. Your handset is registered to Base unit. Thank You
This is because the extra handset might have not been registered with the base unit.The headset should be register to use the headset with that base unit.
To register the handset to base unit please follow the instruction:-
On registration the handset is allocated a handset number for use on the new base unit, the handset numbers are 1-5.
1. Press and hold on the base unit until starts flashing. Registration mode will remain active for approximately 3 minutes. 2.Press and hold both together until you hear a long beep.
3.Select the base unit you wish to register by pressing the corresponding number button 1-4. 4. When PIN is displayed, enter the units PIN number (0000 for this model). 5. If the registration is successful the handset will return to standby mode in a few seconds. Thanx
To be able to register your replacement handset, you must de-register all the handsets from the VT2656 base unit.
Follow the steps below to de-register your handset(s) from the VT2656 base:
1. Take out the handset that sits on the base. 2. Unplug power from the base. 3. Hold down PAGE while reconnecting power. When the In Use light blinks, release the PAGE key. 4. Hold down PAGE key for 5 seconds. When the In Use light begins to flash, release the PAGE key. 5. The handset charging light will blink 5 times. Within 5 seconds from when it stops blinking, press PAGE once.
You must register the handset(s) by following the steps below:
1. After charging the handset, remove it from the cradle, the LCD display will read "SEARCHING FOR BASE". 2. Press "NEW" and then enter the 15-digit Base ID code, located on the underside of the VT2656 base unit. 3. Press "OK". The handset will display "PLEASE WAIT!!". 4. Wait approximately 15 seconds. The handset will display "FOUND BASE". If the handset displays "BASE BUSY TRY LATER", this indicates that the system is in use. Wait until the base unit is in the idle (on hook) mode and repeat steps 2-4.
Reset Procedure for Cordless Phones
1. Disconnect Battery from handset(s)
2. Disconnect Phone Cord from wall jack
3. Disconnect Phone cord from base unit
4. Disconnect AC adapter from wall outlet
5. Allow to sit for 30 min
6. Reconnect Phone Cord to base
7. Reconnect Phone cord to wall jack
8. Reconnect AC Adapter to wall outlet
9. Reconnect Battery to hanset until you click or feel the plug snap into place
10. Re-Register Handset by placing on main base in most instances.
If you have a multi-handset system, you already have more than one handset registered to your base unit. You can register additional handsets to have up to five handsets per base unit, with each handset's number (1 to ) shown on its display. (Note: each handset 1. Press and hold <PAGE> on the base station for more than five seconds, to put the base station into registration mode. It will stay in registration mode To register a new handset to your base: for about 1 minute, so the following handset sequence must be completed with in this time. 2. Press <MENU> and <UP/DOWN> to select REGISTRATION. 3. Press <OK> and you are requested to enter the 4-digit system PIN. 4. Enter the 4-digit system PIN. 5. Press <OK> to confirm, and the display will show SEARCHING. If the handset registration is successful, you will hear a confirmation tone and the <antenna icon> will stop flashing. The handset will automatically be allocated the next available handset number. This handset number is shown in the handset display in standby mode. If the handset registration is unsuccessful, the <antenna icon> will still flash. I Used 0000 As the default pin when asked.
No. This model of phone can only support 4 handsets. If you need more than that, you will need to have a second base unit.
One of my handsets went bad, and I just bought complete DCT748-4 package from a seller on eBay for a very good price. This set was used, but in very good condition. I didn't need the whole set - just one handset - but like I said, it was a good price. Anyway, I began by telling my old base unit to de-register handset #2 (the failed unit). However, I then found that I could not register the "new" handset with my old base unit because it was already registered to the "new" base unit. So, I first had to apply power to the "new" base unit and de-register the handsets. Then, I placed one of the "new" handsets onto my old base unit, and it said "Handset Registering ..." and registered just fine. Just for the fun of it, I placed one of the other spare handsets into my old base unit. It said "Hanset Registering ..." but then it beeped and said "Registration Failed." This is because I already had 4 handsets registered to my base, and the base can not handle a fifth handset.
Resetting the base & handset/s on a BT Freelance XD5500:
Hold the Find button on the base unit until you get a double beep then tap the Find button 7 times. On the handset: remove a battery hold the menu key and refit the battery screen says SW VERSION press up arrow key until screen shows REGISTER CLEAR press menu press menu again and wait for OK to appear remove a battery and refit
Registering the XD5500 handset. Then register the handset to the base as follows: Hold Find button on base unit until you get two beeps On handset: Press menu Scroll to register Press menu Scroll to Register Base Press menu Press 1 Wait When it says PIN ? Enter 0 0 0 0 (four zeros) and press menu.
Note: If you have more than one handset then repeat registering the handset to the base for each subsequent handset/phone.
If this procedure fails to solve the issue, then you have a unit with a fault and if it is less than a year since purchase the retailer should change it for you.
I found a solution that fixed this problem (at least for me). On the vtech site they said to unplug the base unit for at least 5 minutes. Previously, I had only unplugged the base unit for a few seconds. This time, I left it unplugged for about 10 minutes or so and when I plugged it back in, everything was working fine. Apparently there is some sort of capacitor that must discharge long enough to completely remove power from the circuitry.