Question about Konica Minolta Magicolor 2450 Printer
Is there a way to completely reset to factory defaults? Also what is the password to enter service mode to diagnose a problem.
Thanks great link.. But after digging around all night I did find this fix. This would allow me to just reload the entire firmware.
On a non-functional printer the firmware can not be rewritten or upgraded using the firmware update utility.
The controller firmware (in a XXXXXX.sys format) will have to be sent to the printer via the parallel port.
• Connect the machine to the PC using an IEEE 1284 parallel cable. (The printer should be switched off.)
• Copy the firmware data (XXXXXX.sys) to any directory on the PC.
• Holding down the Menu Select key and arrow up key on the control panel at the same time, turn on the
printer’s power switch.
• To select YES or NO for each of the items shown below, use the > or < key. Then press the Menu
• [UPDATE PRINTER]: YES
• [REPLACE CODE]: YES
• [REPLACE ALL FONT]: NO
• [REPLACE SYS FONT]: NO
• [UPDATE NOW]: YES
• Make sure that the message SEND DATA NOW appears on the control panel.
• Start the Command Prompt on your PC and go to the directory in which the firmware data is stored.
• Type copy /b XXXXXX.sys lpt1: and then press the Enter key (XXXXXX is the firmware data file name).
• After the firmware update has completed, the printer will reboot.
Posted on Nov 29, 2008
Here is a PDF copy of the Reference Guide, if you don't have it...
DOWNLOAD HERE (Left Click to read online, Right Click to save on PC)
Password on page 120
Factory Reset on page 133
Posted on Nov 29, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 17, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 18, 2014 | Samsung Good Condition Rugby Ii Sgh-a847...
Jul 18, 2014 | Samsung SGH Cell Phones
Jun 20, 2012 | Acer Tablets & eReaders
Mar 05, 2012 | Televison & Video
Oct 06, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 29, 2008 | Minolta magicolor 2400W Laser Printer
Nov 14, 2008 | Kyocera Copystar CS-1820 Black and White...
2,259 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: