I cant find any codes for my comcast remote or any other universal remote to make my mrd 310 work. I tried to search for it with comcasts instructions but after about 10 minutes of trying I gave up. Any help would be great thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Lost remote mrd 310
Most universals will use this method.
Great News!! We can program most Philips Universal Remotes with Automatic Code Searh. Here's how it works on most of our remotes.
Programming with Code Search
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, etc.) to be controlled.
2. Press and hold Code Search button until the red indicator stays on. Release the Code Search button.
3. Press and release the desired mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator blink, then stays lit.
4. Press the Channel Up button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the device could be controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks, then stays lit. If you accidentally overshoot the code required, press the Channel Down button to backtrack through the library until the device changes channel. Pressing Channel Up changes direction to forward again. Press and release the Mute button to install the code.
The above assumes that you want to store the VCR you want under the VCR but, Cable codes under the CBL, etc
Note: if the device does not have a chat channel at a button, you should Play (VCR only) or Power instead.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have the exact same model and it came without a remote. I was able to set it up so I can work it off of the Comcast 3 in 1 remote but the button layout is extremely confusing. I am currently looking for a replacement remote that would be easier to use since my wife can not get it to work at all off the Comcast one. Follow the instructions in the Comcast Remote Guide and you will find a code to make it work by doing a random search you just have to keep trying it will take some time.