Hello. My Pyle Pro PT-3200 has been having problem playing the left speaker after a friend drop a drink in it. I'm fairly good at figuring things out, so I opened it up and checked the two fuses on the left. They looked OK, but after comparing them to the ones on the right, they appeared bent like they started to melt. I'm guessing changing all of them should be a first step... Anybody with other suggestions, please? Thank you!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: Amp protection mode
Try swapping the "bad" fuses for the "good" ones and see if that helps. That will tell you if the fuses are the problem. I doubt that is the problem. You never said what kind of problem you were having with the left speaker. If your friend dropped a drink into the amp then I would discontinue using it until it was checked out and don't be surprised if you have one channel that has some parts that need replacing, like some of the output transistors/MOSFET's. That might explain why your fuses appear to be melted. Maybe they are. In any case, get someone who knows what they are looking at to have a look see at your amp.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the amp stays in protect mode all of the time, I would suspect a short in the speaker wiring or speaker(s) voice coil(s), or perhaps a faulty ground. If it plays for a short period of time and then goes into protect mode, it is most likely overheating. First check all of the wiring. Test your speakers on a known good amp and make sure there are no places in your wiring where the insulation may have been damaged, causing an intermittent problem.
Many owners have reported that this particular amp has a tendency to overheat. Also, when run in bridged mode, the speaker impedance needs to be at least 4 ohms. It will overheat if the impedance is below 4 ohms.
Not enough juice, check the power and ground connections, another possibility is to have dc in the input, try to use in line filter available from radio shack to cut the dc, also test the with one speaker at the time, you could have a bad speaker (shorted) too.
if you have dual voice coils connect on each seporate sub negative left channel to possative right channel of the subwoofer same to other sub then conect the left possative and the right neggative to your box power terminal same to other sub then conect the two sub outs on your box left speaker positive to your positive left channel bridge then conect left speaker negative to the right speaker possative then connect your right speaker negative to your right channel negative brigdeg to your amp is single coil hook the box its self up the same way to your amp i have two dual voice cooil 12" hooked up to the same amp that way and it rocks without the power protecter turning on
If the amp is in protect mode, it probably has shorted output transistors. To eliminate other possible problems, do the following.
With your multimeter set to DC volts, the black meter lead on the ground terminal of the amp (not on the point where the ground wire connected to the vehicle) and the head unit on (so the amp will have remote voltage applied), touch the red lead alternately to the B+ and remote terminals of the amp. If the voltage drops below ~11 volts, you need to check the wiring feeding whichever line is dropping too low when the amp goes into protect.
If the voltage is OK, you need to check the speaker wiring and the speaker(s). Try it with a known good speaker if possible to see if the amp works normally.