Re: Product registration for my new Nextar GPS unit
Their is no solution to registering a new nextar gps. I have been trying to register since last june 2008 and it is impossible on line. You cannot return them as you cannot get the shipping # to put on the packaging. The Answer? Throw it away and go buy one that you get service with. Alpin Barteaux Nova Scotia
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Rating: 3 - 19 reviews
Amazon.com Product Description The Nextar M3 is a great way to add GPS to your arsenal. ... The M3 includes a 2 GB SD card pre-loaded with maps of the 50 U.S. states with over 1.6 million points of ... Date First Available, July 1, 2008 ...
askville.amazon.com > Consumer Electronics > Car Electronics & GPS
Nov 17, 2011 - Similar Questions: NEXTAR 2008 M3 03 DATE MAPS ... There may be some leftover Nextar map update SD cards floating around in the retail chain. ... http://www.ehow.com/how_5901587_update-maps-nextar-gps.html ...
To update the existing map for you Nextar product, please
contact Nextar to find out if any new map information has become
available. Nextar products are usually pre-loaded with USA/Canada maps,
depending on the model. If you need updates
Nextar will not assist in helping "fix" anything. Their solution is for you to send in the unit and they pitch it, send you one off the assembly line. I was able to get this unit working again in just GPS mode (what it was intended for), so using this workaround, you will lose the ability to use it as a tiny digital photo frame, MP3 player, etc. I take no responsibility if you try this and "brick" your unit (render it unusable except as a $100 paper weight). BACK UP!!
1) Download and install ActiveSync from the Micro$oft website.
2) Connect the M3-04 unit to your computer
3) Turn it on
4) Red bar should fill and the M3-04 will "hang" in that screen, BUT viola it still connects to ActiveSync
5) Using Explorer from ActiveSync, navigate to ResidentFlash
6) Copy autorun.inf to your PC Desktop, make backup by renaming it to autorun.bak
7) Open autorun.bak with Notepad
8) Change the line to read without the quotes: "\ResidentFlash\Netropa Intellinav\IntelliNav.exe"
9) Save As to your desktop autorun.inf
10) Copy back to your ResidentFlash directory on the M3-04
11) Disconnect from PC and hit the reset button on back....BOOYA! Your GPS is functioning again.
There were a few different versions of the Nextar M3 - here is a link to the manual for the regular M3, but you may need to peruse Nextar's website if you have a different variant. Also, there is a hardware and a software manual for each - this is the hardware manual link: http://www.nextar.com/images/Product/M3%20Hardware%20Manual.pdf
I had this problem too with the one I got from my sister. If you tap your finger in the lower right of the touch screen mine came back on. I think it resets the screen with commands that come back into the screen area. Try that and let me know. Dale.