Question about Kenwood KAC-9152D Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

A Power overload occurs at minimal volume

When Stereo is turned on, the amp is recieving power, but the speaker overload light comes on almost immediately, I've checked the speaker wiring from amp to sub and its fine. I've also tried swapping out the amp, and got the same result.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Genius:

    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,066 Answers

Your speaker is fried, that is the problem.

Posted on Nov 29, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

3 Answers

Technics stereo Integrated Amplifier SU-G75 powers up few seconds then overload light appears and a clickng noise coming out of metal boxq with tag FP-3 M V RTP1P5C015 on it iis it supposed nto make c


If the receiver works at low volume, but goes into OVERLOAD and shuts down at higher volume, it means you are player the unit too long and too loud. Try yo keep the volume down to a reasonable volume.

Nov 15, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Overload sa-tx50


Most overloads are caused by the main output devices. They will go short circuit if for example speaker wires have come into touch. Another cause is high volume or a faulty speaker. Or poor ventilation around the amp causing excess heat.
The only cure is to replace the device(s) generally located on the heat sink.

Dec 01, 2013 | Technics SA-TX50 Receiver

1 Answer

Protection light comes on and volume returns to zero. I am using a Azur 540A. This issue occurs when I ride the volume above a certain point, which is NOT any higher than i've been running it for years....


Protection circuits respond to overloads. Unless the protection circuit is faulty there is probably something wrong with the power amp parts located on the heat sink.
It would be a good idea to have the top cover off (on power) and listen for that noise to try and pin it down what is making it.

Aug 24, 2013 | Cambridge Audio Azur 540A Amplifier

1 Answer

My remote doesn't even turn the reciever on anymore. It has new batteries.. the red light turns on. If I manually turn the reciever on and press any button on the remote the display in the reciever...


A make and model number might be helpful.

If I understand you, nothing makes the receiver come on. Is there a reason you emphasize or suspect the remote when the hard-wired power switch doesn't work either?

Generally speaking, an amp protects itself from heat, shorts, overloads and operator exuberance by refusing to turn on or stay on.


Overloads can be from excessive periods of high output or marginally low impedance loading by the speakers; and shorts would be wiring issues or a speaker blowing up.


You should be able to feel if it's hot. WHY is it overheating? Make sure it has sufficient ventilation on all sides and that vent holes are not blocked by dust balls. Eure the fan (if equipped) is running as designed (some only operate on demand). Clean dust and debris from it.


If the amp comes back on after cooling, you're lucky. They only have so many self-protection cycles in their lives so continuously resetting or cycling their power without addressing the cause can do more harm than good.


If it protects immediately on a cool power up you should disconnect the speaker connections and try it 'naked'. If it comes up then diagnose which lead(s) are shorted. If it does not come up the problem is internal and should be left to an experienced and competent hands-on tech.

Feb 28, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

14 speakers hooked up to home theater reciever,shuts off .5 vol


Hi,

Try less speakers.
The impedance will be to low for this amp.

Regards,
Gerard

May 10, 2010 | Yamaha P2500S Amplifier

1 Answer

My reciever plays then cuts out


They don't overload from missing speakers. I'm curious, what buggered the one speaker?

Examine all of your speaker wires carefully to be sure no unintended contact is made between them and anything else.

Is "overload" being displayed?

“OVERLOAD” starts flashing on the display.

Speakers are overloaded because of high volume.

1. Press STANDBY/ON on the front panel to turn off the receiver.
2. Stop the playback source.
3. Turn on the receiver again, and adjust the volume.
----------------
Speakers are overloaded because of short circuit of speaker terminals.

Press STANDBY/ON on the front panel, then check the speaker wiring.

If “OVERLOAD” does not disappear after turning on the receiver again, unplug the AC power cord, then plug it back in again.
If speaker wiring is not short-circuited, contact your dealer.

Mar 31, 2010 | JVC RX-6042 Receiver

1 Answer

Receiver shuts off at higher volumes


The receiver may be too under powered for your speakers or the speaker ohm's may not be matched for your amp.

The reason it is shutting off is likely because the amp is becoming overloaded. At lower volumes the amp can handle the load of the speakers, but at higher volumes the power supply of the amp can't keep up with the power demand the speakers are pulling.

If you were previously able to turn the reciever high without turning off, then there is likley something wrong with the amp or possibly a blown speaker.

Try measuring the resistance of the speakers if you have access to a multimeter. They should normally read 8 ohms for home speakers, but some common home speaker impedances in order from (I'm assuming) most common to least common are are 8, 4, 2(bose), and sometimes 10 or 12 ohms. The lower the number of ohms, the more power the amp will need to put to the speakers and the more chance you could be overloading your amp.

Mar 30, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I have a technics sug91 amp the over load light comes on what can i do to remove it


you cant remove the overload light. it does that as a safty so you dont burn up the amp when its not being used properly. do u have a capacitor? are the speakers ohms and watts the same as the amp?

Oct 18, 2009 | Technics SA-AX540 Receiver

2 Answers

Technics SA-DA10 jumps into overload after 10 minutes


Have you tried connecting speakers? What was the result?

Yes, when you turn the volume up on these amps (or when the output gets past a certain level) the cooling fan should automatically come on.

Oct 14, 2008 | Technics SA-DA10 Receiver

1 Answer

Yamaha v-663 reciever


Most amps will only power two sets of speakers direcrly hooked to amp (A&B). If you want audio throughout the house, I would recommend a PA system set up with individual room volume controls

May 02, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kenwood KAC-9152D Car Audio Amplifier Logo

Related Topics:

65 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenwood Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4807 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

70387 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

6880 Answers

Are you a Kenwood Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...