Ok so when i plug it into my computer the it comes on but when i take it out it won't come on? i know i am pushing the right button and the hold isn't on, so what am i doing wrong? and also i can't take some songs off because they are 'locked' why are they locked and how do i unlock them?
I realize that this question was asked quite a few months ago but my just did the same thing and tonight and what needed to be done is the contacts cleaned where the battery is. Did this and it turned right on.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. push down the button slider that you see on the side of the mp3 player labeled <mode>. that unlocks it.2. then plug it into the computer, select my computer from the start menu, and click removable disk drive (its usually labeled [E:].) 3. then delete what you need to by right clicking them and selecting delete.
It took me a bit to figure out how to get the music to play. The instuctions that came with it weren't very clear.
* Hold arrow "on" button down to turn on player.
* Use rocker (knob on top) to move to the mode you want. For example, move the indicator to "music".
* Push in on the rocker, not the arrow "on" button to select the music mode.
* Use the rocker to select the song you want to hear, then push arrow "on" button to play.
there is a 'reset hole' next to the power on switch - you need a pin to push into the reset hole
I do not use the software that comes with the S10 - it always wants to go on to the internet and re download itself. If I want to copy music over I use windows explorer and copy MP3s into the music folder
Here is what I do when I need to reset - format S10 machine from windows
1. plug the S10 into the computer via the USB key
2. You should see the S10 in Windows Explorer as a portable flash disk
3 Right Click and select format - Warning! all data will be lost if you have not backed up!
4 In the File System drop down list select FAT (the default is FAT32)
5 Click start to format the device.
6 Once the S10 has been formatted unplug it from the computer
7 Turn the S10 on and scroll down to SETTINGS
8 Right click and scroll down to Advanced
9 Right click and scroll down to Format Device
10 Right click and then click OK to confirm
On the same menu as Format Device is Reset All Settings - I recommend you do this as well.
11 Plug the S10 back into the computer
12 When you look at the S10 in Windows Explorer you will see it has created some extra folders
13 drag and drop MP3 music files into the Music folder and away you go!
14 you can create additional folders in the Music folder if you want to organize your music
ok first plug it into your computer, then push the hold button over so the orange is showing. next push and hold the record and power button. (try to push them down at the same time) it will work if you do it right guarenteed.
First, try resetting the GoGear. Make sure the GoGear is on, if possible. Use a small paperclip or other device and press it into the reset hole. If the reset doesn't work, then: Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is successfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new.
Had the same problem, blue light no screen, took the cover off found a small black rectangle block not completely pushed in. the block is located on the right center on the part above the battery and right behind the screen.