Fix Slow Computers
Computers are used to make our tasks easier and perform them in shortspan of time. However, if your computer starts working slow, then thereis no major significance of having it and using it to carry out varioustasks. Many people get frustrated with the slow performance of their PCand end up spending money by upgrading memory or even sometimes bypurchasing a new computer to get rid of slow performance. However, youcannot do it every time your PC becomes slow. You should look for amore efficient solution.
There are numerous ways to fix your slow computer without having to spend money or to carry your PC anywhere.
Computers can become slow due to several reasons. Given below are some of the possible reasons:
1. Low disk space available on the hard disk
2. Presence of excess temporary files
3. Corrupt registry entries
4. Large number of software applications installed on the computer
5. Presence of incompatible device driver in the system
6. Excess heating of computer
7. Corrupt data
8. Corrupt operating system
9. Presence of virus and other malicious software
There are various other problems which may slow down your computersystem. Now, let us highlight some important steps to fix the issues ofslow computer performance with Windows operating system. Note: Take abackup of your complete data before carrying out any steps.
1. Remove all the temporary files stored in your computer system. Thetemporary files are voracious eaters of system memory. So, the bestpractice to improve the system performance is to regularly delete thetemporary files from the computer.
2. Regain the hard disk space by launching the Disk clean up utilityprovided in the Windows operating system. If even after cleaning up thehard disk from unnecessary programs and files, the space available onthe hard disk is less, then you can uninstall old programs which arenot in use.
3. Update Windows by turning on the automatic update feature when connected to Internet.
4. Registry is a central database of any computer which maintains arecord of the activities and stores them in the form of registryentries like when you install any software application on your PC thenan entry is made in the registry about the installation of thesoftware. So, check for any registry error.
5. Install a good security suite like antivirus and antispywaresoftware and scan your system for the presence of any suspiciousprogram code installed on your computer and eating up your computermemory and remove it to make your system fast.
A computer is a machine which requires regular maintenance for showingbetter performance. Regular maintenance is the best way to improve theperformance of a slow computer.
on Feb 03, 2010 | PC Desktops