a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes, you get the way. By relying on this password recovery software, you can reset Windows Administrator login password easily. Fully compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP etc operation system, supporting both 32-bit and 64-bit.
First reboot Windows XP in safe mode by re-starting the computer and pressing F8 repeatedly as the computer starts up.
Then (in safe mode) click Start and then click Run. In the open box type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes, of course)
You will now have access to all the user accounts, including the administrators account and will be able to reset the lost password.
Just click the administrators user account (or the target user's account), and then click Reset Password. You will need to add a new password in the New password and the Confirm new password boxes, and confirm by clicking OK.
This is from a factory repair and maintenance manual for Acer Aspire Laptops. It may work for you.
Forgotten Hard Disk Password
When the user keys in the wrong password three times, an error message appears. The user must now reset
1. Make a note of the error code that is displayed with the error message.
2. Run unlock6.exe from the DOS prompt in the following format:
unlock6 XXXXX 00
(XXXXX = HDD password error code, 00 = CRC base - default is 00)
3. Select Upper case ACSII Code from the screen that appears. The HDD master password is displayed.
Make a note of this password.
4. Reset your system. When the Enter Primary Master HDD User Password prompt appears, enter the
password you made a note of in step 3.
Resetting a BIOS Password
The user can reset a BIOS password using the clnpwd.exe utiility.
1. Copy clnpwd.exe to a DOS boot up disk (or flash drive).
2. Boot your system in DOS mode.
3. Execute clnpwd.exe from the boot up disk (or flash drive).
4. Press 1 or 2 to reset the required password as shown on screen.
5. A confirmation message appears when the process is successful.
To reset your password you need to be able to log onto the computer to start of with. Once you have logged in, go to the Control Panel, click on User Accounts, click on your account name and then select "Change Password" from the options available to you. You will need to supply the old password and then enter the new password.
If you cannot get into Windows because you cannot remember the password, download Offline NT Password Editor (http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html)
It is a bootable CD which will reset the password to any user account to blank.
If uve setup user accounts the computer will ask you for a password. If you dont have a pswd then just hit enter. You can go into control and users to remove the requirement for password and this should take car of your problem
Reinstall XP. Boot from XP cd, do not select the first repair instance select install, when prompt to new install or repair select repair or you can use Active Password Changer 3.0.420 To Reset User Password on windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista (FAT/NTFS)