Can not sync my contacts between Outlook and the BB Bold 9000
Just purchased the BB Bold 9000 via AT&T. Worked for a living with syncing PDAs and PCs years ago, the age of Palm Pilot V and similar vintage equipment including Intellisync, Puma, etc. I am pretty rusty on the new software/hardware but not necessarily clueless.
I am running MS Office Outlook 2002. Every thing syncs as it should except my contacts. I have greatly updated these contacts in the BB which came from my old cellphone but now can not get them to copy over to Outlook.
I have tried deleting the pst file, the contact list, and the delete list and then syncing one way from cell phone/PDA to Outlook. The sync program shows that it is doing what is required but all I get back is my original contacts that I deleted.
Have spent hours searching the internet with out much success. Most of the sync/contact info appears to be related to server based connections, not stand alone. It appears that it might have to do with it trying to sync with Outlook Express but have not been able to find out how to change this destination.
Re: Can not sync my contacts between Outlook and the BB...
I had a similar problem just now. I fixed it by doing the following:
1. In the Blackberry Desktop manager, click the Synchronize link
2. Click the Configuration tab
3. Click Configure synch...
4. Double click the Contacts transfer (Device<--Outlook)
5. Make sure you have "Replace destination data" selected
6. Then perform the synchronization again.
Note, I am writing this from memory, not by looking at the computer step by step, so some of the wording for the screen instructions may be paraphrased.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Open you Blackberry Desktop software and go to the synchronization Icon. On the left side menu go to Configure Synchronization menu. There you can find the option "Configure Synchronization settings for my desktop program". Once there you can setup all necessary options.
I have BDM v5.01, Outlook 07 and the Bold 9000 device.
you have to open your blackberry desktop manager software. goto synchronize, and then configure synchronize and then tell the desktop manager to sync with outlook for you contacts calendar and so forth. so from then on when you plug your bb into your pc and strat up desktop manager, when you choose to sync it will sync your bb with outlook.
you should go to blackberry's website and download the latest version of the blackberry desktop manager. download it and then goto synchronize and then configure sync. tell desktop manager to sync with outlook for contacts and calendar and then select sync and it will synchronize your pc and your bb.
if you use gmail, you can goto m.google.com/sync on your bb and then download google sync. goto your outlook and export your contacts as a .csv file and then import them into your gmail accont. when you login to the google sync app on your bb, it will then wirelessly sync your contacts on your bb with your gmail account.
you can follow the following steps to sync Address book, calander, memo pad, and task.
1. open the desktop manager and click on Synchronize
2. Click on synchronize towards your left hand side of the screen
3. Again click on synchronize below configration towards the left hand side of the screen
4. then again lick on synchronize towards right hand side
5. Then you will get option to select device application and then click setup
6. Then you will get option sto select available destop application select Microsoft outlook and click next
7. Then it will give you synchronize options ( two way or one way )
8. In the next screen select outlook and click next.
9. Now it will give congratulations screen. click finish.
You can send your contacts via Bluetooth, it'll be stored within the Documents folder. Open the vcf file - contact file and select Add to Contacts.
If this option is not available I would recommend sync-ing through Outlook. Put the LG software on to your computer and complete the sync. Then connect your BlackBerry and using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager you should be able to sync your contacts with Outlook.
You may need to clear out the calendar database first on the BlackBerry device, and then try to synch again. Do the following:
1. Connect your BlackBerry via USB. 2. Open Desktop Manager and go to the Backup and Restore option. 3. Select Advanced. 4. The Desktop Manager will show the device databases on the right-hand side. 5. Scroll down and highlight the entry that says Calendar, then click on the Clear button.
Once Desktop Manager has cleared the calendar database try to sync again.
I was ready to give up completely. Uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing worked.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now.
This worked for me. I hope it helps with your errors.