Question about Clarion CALYPSO SIRIUS Radio Receiver
My calypso unit plays music but the screen does not display text. The screen lights up but stays blank.
I am having the same problem, i was able to manually get about 37 channels by holding down the BND button which changed the mode to manual tuning which allowed me to manually move to individual stations. By going bak and forth I was able to add more stations, but once I got to channel 38 (which is not a used channel) I could not add more channels. I don't know if this will help you get a few more channels. I am going to try to call clarion to see if they can help, if you get it fixed, please post what you did. Thanks and hopefully we can get this fixed
Posted on Aug 13, 2007
I called Sirius on Sunday. I was still getting the "invld ch" when I tried getting to 184 , but the tech got it hooked up while I was on Channel 1 still, so keep on Sirius. If they say they can't do anything for you, don't let them leave it at that. Good luck all.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
1) Do you have a Sirius account?
2) Have you called Sirius and given the serial number of that receiver?
Those are the first two things you have to do to get a Sirius receiver working. (The original owner could have changed his account to use his new receiver, if he has one.) Go to http://www.sirius.com/install - the "activate" part - for details.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
My DX445 does the same thing. Here's my method for fixing it, it should work for any similar Clarion receiver:
1. If possible, make sure the radio is turned off when disconnecting the battery. If the radio turns itself on when the vehicle is restarted (for example after jump starting or battery disconnect for a few seconds only), turn the radio off.
2. Disconnect the battery by removing the negative battery cable from the battery. Leave it disconnected.
NOTE: Car batteries can be dangerous things. If you're unsure how to do this safely, get an experiences mechanic to help you.
3. Reset the radio. On my radio this is done by removing the faceplated, and pressing a tiny button for 30 seconds. Your radio may be different.
4. After waiting at least 20 minutes, reconnect the battery.
5. My radio displayes 'System Check -- Press Power'. After pressing the power button, the display reverts to the clock.
6. Turn on the radio. It should work fine on the broadcast bands.
7. Select 'Sirius'. The radio should display 'Updating'. Don't touch anything until the radio finishes its update phase. When it's done, it should tune to Sirius channel 1 and play as normal.
8. This should restore normal tuning. reset your presets and preferences.
What seems to happen is that the radio gets stuck in a 'Category Select' condition, but not all the categories will load, and manual tuning will not allow, say, Radio Classics to play when the radio is stuck in Pop mode.
On occasion (maybe 1 time out of 10), the radio hangs while doing the 'updating' in Sirius mode. If this happens, just shut off the radio and start over. I've never had to do the brute force reset more than twice since I stumbled on this method.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
I had the same problem with invalid channel on all channels ! Had to reset the siriuss receiver by removing power for 15 sec and restoring! that means not just shuting it off but removing all power to the sirius unit not the clarion unit itself and reastablishing power to it turning on the clarion head unit and walah! satelite would recieve ESN and 184 and programing! Hope it works for you after 3 long waiting periods on the phone!
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2010 | Sirius ST5TK1 XM SIRIUS Radio Receiver...
Apr 09, 2008 | Clarion (NAVSIR) SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Mar 01, 2010 | Audiovox SIRPNP2 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Nov 13, 2009 | Sirius Satellite Radio Sirius Starbase...
Jun 02, 2009 | Clarion SIR-CL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Jan 29, 2009 | Clarion SIR-CL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Jan 22, 2009 | Clarion SIR-CL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Oct 21, 2008 | Clarion CALYPSO SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Oct 21, 2007 | Clarion SIR-CL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Aug 13, 2007 | Eclipse SIR-ECL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Aug 30, 2010 | Clarion CALYPSO SIRIUS Radio Receiver
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: