Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
What kind of security do you have on your wireless router.?.what is the model of your router.?
Posted on Aug 30, 2009
Hi there ,
To play your x-box Game with this Router you have to open these port no. in the Router so that your game can communicate with this router to do so you have to open the Router's Interface by typing " (www.routerlogin.com), Username : admin
Password : password ( Unless you changed it)
than on the left hand side among few options you will find the option port forwarding and you can open these port no. (UPD/TCP : 3074,88,80,53) and assign a static IP of your Router's range (i.e. 192.168.1.20) and give the same ip in your X-box
and I hope you will be able to play your xbox easily
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
It is in this context, I would suggest you to please try with the
following troubleshooting steps:
A) Assign static IP and DNS address to the XBOX.
1. Assign IP address as: 192.168.1.50; Subnet mask as: 255.255.255.0
and Default Gateway as: 192.168.1.1
2. Assign Primary DNS Address as: 192.168.1.1 and Secondary DNS
Address as: 18.104.22.168
# Please Contact X-Box Technical Support to assign the Static IP
Address on Your X-Box.
B) Open the Router page using the following steps:
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape).
2. Access the Router (usually "http://192.168.1.1";
or "www.routerlogin.net" or "www.routerlogin.com").
3. LOGIN TO THE ROUTER (User Name = 'admin', Password = 'password';
unless you have changed it).
C) Open the ports on the Router using the following steps:
1. Click on Port Forwarding under Advanced.
2. Click on ‘Port Forwarding’ on the left hand column on the screen.
3. On the bottom of the screen, click on ‘Add Custom Service’.
4. Give a name to the service (for example, XBOX1).
5. Select Service Type as UDP and key in the starting port and ending
port as 88.
6. In the Server IP Address specify 192.168.1.50
7. Hit ‘Apply’.
8. Click on 'Wan Setup' Under 'Advanced'.
9. Check the box 'DMZ Server'. Type in the IP Address 192.168.1.50.
Click On 'Apply'.
10. Log Out of the Router Page.
Please repeat Steps 3 – 7 to configure the ports “UDP/TCP 3074”.
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
Get a wireless asaptor and then you will connect to it
Posted on Jul 12, 2009
You should also make sure that UPnP is enabled.
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
use WEP security.
open ports 88 and 3074 for x box
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
The NETGEAR router is a firewall. It blocks ports to prevent attacks from programs or users from the Internet to the computers or devices behind your router. Each application on the Internet uses ports. For example, when you browse the Internet, it uses port 80. An FTP server uses port 21. This is the same as your Xbox that uses ports to connect to the Internet. Before we proceed to any troubleshooting procedures, check if the Xbox is working directly to the modem. This will verify if there is something wrong with the Xbox. If the game console won't connect to the Internet when directly connected on the modem, it means that it is not your router blocking the connection. Here are the steps on how to open the ports on the router:
A. Determine the IP Address and MAC Address of the Xbox.
Note: You may find the IP address and MAC address of your Xbox on your Dashboard's Network Settings. Please refer to your Xbox manual for more information on this.
B. Reserve the IP address.
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. For security reasons, the router has its own user name and password. When prompted, enter admin for the User name and password for the Password, both in lower case letters.
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address, and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Forward the ports.
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced. For older firmware version, click on Port Triggering tab or just click Port Forwarding on Please select the service type.
2. Click Add and another window will pop up.
3. Type Xbox for Name. Set the radio button to Enable.
4. On Outgoing Port Range, set the Start Port and End Port to 3074.
5. On Incoming Port Range, you also have to indicate 3074 for Start Port and End Port. Save the settings by clicking on Apply.
6. Please repeat steps b to e and indicate 88 for Start Port and End Port. Then change the Name to Xbox2.
Note: If it still does not work, you may try these other options:
D. Lower down the MTU.
1. Access the Setup page of the router (refer to Step 2 above).
2. Click on the WAN Setup under Advanced tab.
3. Lower down the MTU size to 1492, 1400, 1358 or 1300.
4. Click on the Apply button.
E. Enable UPnP.
1. Go to UPnP tab of the router.
2. Enable UPnP and then save the settings by clicking on Apply. Some websites and devices require UPnP or Universal Plug and Play. Just make sure that it is enabled on the router.
F. Upgrade the firmware.
Note: Follow the steps below if the above troubleshooting still do not allow Xbox to connect using the router.
1. Please verify the router version and model either underneath or at its side panel.
2. Go to http://kbserver.NETGEAR.com/downloads_support.asp and please select the model of the router.
3. Click the appropriate version of the router.
4. Select the link of the latest firmware. Click the button Right-click and Save to Download. Save the file to the Desktop.
Note: Please perform firmware upgrade with Wired or Ethernet connection only.
5. Before upgrading, please write down all current settings since you need to enter them manually.
6. Using the computer hardwired on the router, please launch Internet Explorer and access the Setup page of the router (refer to Step 2).
7. Click on Maintenance and then Router Upgrade.
8. Click on Browse and locate the upgraded file in your Desktop. Then click on Upload.
9. Please wait for the router to reboot. After a successful firmware upgrade, you need to reset the router.
E. Reset the router.
1. Please push the reset button at the back of the router and release after 30 seconds.
2. Unplug the power adapter for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
(this note should go before the step to Reset the router) Note: Resetting the router will erase all the settings so it needs to be reconfigured afterwards. The router can be reconfigured using the setup CD or by manual configuration.
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
What is your router's firmware?
Posted on Apr 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | D-Link DI-624 Air Plus XtremeG Wireless...
Jan 15, 2011 | Routers
Jan 15, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Mar 28, 2010 | Netopia Cayman 3347W-Ent Wireless Router
Feb 19, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Feb 05, 2009 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
Dec 29, 2008 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Aug 03, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
1,029 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: