If you've forgotten password on Windows Vista and cannot log on your computer again, you need to perform Windows Vista password recovery to bypass your lost Windows Vista password. But the problem for you is that how can you recover the password and will it be difficult to perform Vista password recovery? Below is a step-by-step guidance for you to recover Windows Vista password with 3 different methods.Method 1: Perform Windows Vista password recovery with password reset disk
Windows Vista allows you to create a password reset disk with a USB flash drive in a few seconds. It can help you reset Windows Vista password when you forget it. Just try to recover Windows Vista password as follows if you have a Vista password reset disk at hand.
1. Start your computer and get to the Windows Vista login screen.
2. Type a wrong password, and then Reset password link will appear on the Vista login screen.
3. Click Reset password to enter to Password Reset Wizard screen, and then click next.
4. Select the right disk if you have more than one password reset disk, click next.
5. Type in a new Vista password and password hint, click next.
6. Click Finish when you've successfully reset Windows Vista password.Method 2: Perform Windows Vista password recovery on safe mode
In addition to reset Windows Vista password with password reset disk, you can also recover Windows Vista password on safe mode. And the presupposition is that you have can log on computer with another Windows Vista administrator account.
1. Press F8 when your Windows Vista PC is booting. You will come to the Advanced Boot Options.
2. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
3. Enter safe mode with an available admin account. And a command prompt will appear.
4. Type net user in command prompt and press Enter. It will show you all accounts on the Windows Vista.
5. Type net user Mike 123456 (Mike is the locked admin account's name and 123456 is the new password. This depends on the setting of your computer) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.
6. Type shutdown -r -t 00 and press Enter.
7. The computer will reboot automatically and then you can log on Windows Vista with the new password.Method 3: Perform Windows Vista password recovery with Windows Login Recovery
Windows Login Recovery is efficient Windows password recovery software
designed to recover Windows login passwords for any version of Windows, including Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, NT, 2008. It is not necessary for you to reinstall the system when you forgot or lost your Windows login password. But a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive and an available computer with optical drive is required before starting to perform Win Vista password recovery as below:
1. Download Windows Login Recovery and install it in any available computer.
2. Run the program and insert a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive into computer. You will see a default path of an ISO image file after running the application.
3. Select CD/DVD or USB drive to burn the ISO image file and click Burn.
4. After burning, insert the CD/DVD or USB drive to your locked computer.
5. Set the locked computer to boot from CD/DVD or USB drive. After setting BIOS to boot from CD/DVD or USB drive, the computer will restart automatically. And then you can recover Windows Vista password under DOS.
6. Choose the installation path of Windows, and enter the ID of the path.
7. All the user names will be displayed for you, and you can select one to remove its password by entering the ID of User Name. And then enter y to confirm your operation.
8. After removing the selected password, you can enter y to continue to reset other passwords, or enter n to finish.
9. After entering n to finish, eject the CD/DVD or USB drive and press any key to restart the computer. Now, you can log on your PC without password.
The above 3 methods can help you perform Windows Vista password recovery
easily and safely. It is no need for you to worry if you forget Windows Vista password. Why not try this amazing Windows password recovery software to recover Windows Vista password
instead of reinstalling computer?