Question about Moen Chateau, Two-Handle Garden Tub Faucet with Valve - 4902

1 Answer

Handle Removal on Chateau Style Bathroom Taps

It appears as if an allen key is required. Is it the only one am missing or is it a metric size? Or is it a special key?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 148 Answers

The handle removal is a metric allen wrench some of the cartridge replacements come with an allen head wrench

I always plug the drains and completely remove the allen head screw then the handle comes off
Sometimes you have to pry it gently or take a hammer wrap a towel around the handle where it meets tthe cartridge base and tap up under the handle lightly and it comes out

God Luck

Posted on Dec 31, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is the wrench size i need to tighten handle bars on a jeep FT 4,0 boys bike

There are nuts or allen bolts for both the stem and the bars. They are almost certainly a metric size, but hard to say what unless one has the same bike. My guess would be a 12mm hex, plus or minus, or a 6mm allen, again plus or minus. Get a metric hex/allen set and see what fits.

I’m happy to help further over the phone at

Dec 30, 2016 | Jeep Cycling

1 Answer

What size Allen wrench tightens handle on Moen Koran faucet model87599srs

Allen wrenches are sold in sets and not expensive. Moens are not metric so any set of small SAE allen wrenches will contain the right size for your Moen.

Aug 28, 2015 | Moen Plumbing

1 Answer

How do I tighten the hot water handle on a moen 4720 bathroom faucet?

many two handle faucets have either a cover button on top or on the side, top button types generally can be tightened with a screw driver while the side button style typically requires an allen wrench (hex key)

Oct 19, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Hexagon wrench replacement

Allen wrenches, AKA hex keys, can be obtained singly or in sets in just about any hardware store or general merchandise store with tools. I prefer the sets that come in sort of a big jacknife folding set, like this: as all the wrenches get lost together, instead of one at a time like this style tends to:$T2eC16ZHJGQE9noMbZN2BQ-lv1U+3g~~60_3.JPG I do not know if you'll need wrenches with metric measurements (mm) or English/Inch/SAE, which will be sized in fractions of an inch, like 3/32. Call Singer and ask the size you need: I will guess metric, but I won't swear to it.

Jan 01, 2014 | Singer White Speedylock 1634

1 Answer

Faucet handle on Monticello model came off---how do I get it to tighten back on the hub. Received new adaptor kit, but how do I attach handle to the base?

If it's a shower valve there is a small hole on the underside of the handle. There should be an allen key that came with the kit. Use the key to tighten the screw.If there is no key then I think the size is either 1/16" or 1/8". The handle should point down when installed and in the closed position.You can turn the handle for easier access but if it's a Moen Posi-temp this will turn the water on. Stand to the side so you don't get wet. If it's Moen Moentrol you must pull it to turn the water on so if you turn the handle without pulling it you won't get wet. If the allen screw is missing then there should be one in the kit you have.

Jul 15, 2011 | Moen Home

1 Answer

What is the size of the caliper bracket bolts on a 05 cavalier

the caliper removal bolts are 3/8'' hex key style. it's one of the few bolts on the car that aren't metric. you can get this tool in a hex key socket [1/2'' drive] for easier removal of the bolts.

Jan 24, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

1 Answer

Leaky faucet

most taps have either a flat head screwdriver or a allen key lock nut behind the hot and cold indicator

Jul 13, 2010 | Moen Chateau, One-Handle Lavatory Faucet...

1 Answer

What is the allen wrench size for removal of the break calipet pin?

If you purchace an allen key set you will get the exact size , but normally it a metric 8 or 10 mm . And you will have added to your toolbox.

Apr 15, 2010 | 2005 Mazda 3

1 Answer

Bathroom Faucet Handle Fell Off

There is a small allen screw in the base of the handle- the part the stem screws into to turn the water to the on position. If you have lost the one for your handle call moen at 1-800-289-6636 in the US. Their hours are Mon-Fri 8-8 EST and Sat 8-18:30 or follow this link MOEN. In Canada 1-800-465-6130 and hours are Mon-Fri 7:30-17:00 EST.

Mar 11, 2009 | Moen Bathroom Sink Faucet - 4-inch...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Moen Chateau, Two-Handle Garden Tub Faucet with Valve - 4902 Logo

583 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Moen Plumbing Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

16407 Answers

Don Numinen
Don Numinen

Level 2 Expert

67 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4354 Answers

Are you a Moen Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides