Question about GE Profile Spectra JGBP79 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

GE Profile XL44 beeps erratically!

Our Model is JGBP79WEW1WW. It just started to beep once and a while then it has progressed to every few seconds. I pulled it out and unplugged it at 7 am for an hour and then when I plugged it back in it was fine for the day, but before midnight it slowly started beeping again. I have just unplugged it again. What is the costly problem and is there a temporary fix for the short term?

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Dec 07, 2008

    yes have the same problem. I was told it was the electrical panel and needs to be replaced. Can I do this myself if I know what part to buy?

  • lnsmailbox Apr 30, 2009

    Same problem. Power failure last night now my oven is beeping and the clock won't keep the right time. Can I fix the keypad myself???

×

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 111 Answers

You have a bad key pad. The main control (ERC) thinks you are pressing a button. It is possible (although remotely) that the ERC may be bad instead... I give it 95% chance bad keypad and 5% chance bad ERC

Posted on Dec 18, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave started beeping while unplugged


If it beeps for just a few seconds after being unplugged from the wall, that's not a problem.

It's likely just the software or hardware feature utilizing a "sanity timer" to alert you when the oven loses line power. It's similar to a freezer alarm or sump pump alarm.

If this doesn't seem to answer your question or address your situation, please e-mail me and remind me of your symptoms and include your full model number as shown on the label.

Dec 28, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Oven keeps asking for probe


connect probe and insert probe

Jul 26, 2015 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Heatrunner 33553 doesn't work


I had tried unplugging the unit for a few minutes but that didn't work, so I unplugged it for a few hours and it re-set to a working condition.

Feb 03, 2010 | Heatrunner 33553 Heater

2 Answers

Kiddie fire alarm model I12060, beeps once every


This happened to me, my smoke detector started chipping so I changed the batteries. A few seconds later it started chirping again. The answer is in the way you put the batteries in. The smoke detector allows you to put the batteries in wrong and makes a slight connector. This slight connector tricks the detector into thinking the batteries are weak. Simply turn the batteries around so the fat connector of the battery touches the skinny connector of the device. Mine was, fat side on the right.

Jan 28, 2010 | Kidde i12040 Hardwire Smoke Alarm with...

1 Answer

Display shows error code "F1"


F1 Failed Thermistor Control Replace Electronic Range Control (ERC)
Good Luck and Please Rate Fixya!

Jan 06, 2009 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP79 Gas Kitchen...

2 Answers

Latitude D600 beeps twice


that may be because of a bad connection with the harddrive thats easy to fix you just take the harddrive out and blow the connecting surface clean then it should behave normaly agian:)

Jan 04, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook

1 Answer

GWL15 will not operate


If it's a beep every second, call Fisher & Paykel 24/7 call center and tell them what lights are lit up on the wash progress lights and they'll be able to advise you what the problem may be. You'll likely need service though. If the beeps are musical - you're user guide should give you some options on what to do - otherwise call F&P and they'll help

Apr 17, 2008 | Fisher and Paykel Fisher Paykel Intuitive...

3 Answers

Kenmore Elite Range door locked error message


Hold down the number three button until the LOC message disappears and then the door will open.

Dec 23, 2007 | Kitchen Ranges

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE Profile Spectra JGBP79 Gas Kitchen Range Logo

369 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8205 Answers

Ismael Rodriguez...

Level 2 Expert

162 Answers

 Fix Your Board
Fix Your Board

Level 3 Expert

310 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...