An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Microwave Ovens Master
Re: Sylvania Microwave Oven P70D20AL-D5
I would say your keypad is shorting or there is corrosion, grease, or moisture on your control board. If it's less than one year old, it should be fully covered under warranty.
I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to get it fixed free. To download owner's manuals for Canadian models of Sylvania microwaves, visit here.
help with US models of Sylvania microwaves, contact Customer Service at
1-800-856-8977 (Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00 Pacific Time) or visit Galanz.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
After calling many numbers, I was put in contact with the manufacturer, Galanz Microwave, and was told that that beeping is due to a burned out part in the keypad that is not servicable. I, too, have this annoying model!
I have the same problem with my microwave, the clock disappears and it says "enter" and "amt", I figured out it's the "beverage" button that is sticking. When I want to use it I just press "beverage" and then "reset" and just press them over and over until it stops. Usually it's on the first try, sometimes I have to press them a few times. Just don't do what I'm about to type though, I decided to get my razor knife and cut the button out carefully, I only cut the contacts on each side of the button, now no buttons work, I should have left it the way it was, at least I could use it that way.
Yeah,same old American name on a foreign product. Even try to find a representative in the USA? Seems this is caused by the connector on the timer board. The cable connection is to blame. Too much heat and humidity on the connector.