- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
(1) If you have an ohm meter check from neg terminal of battery to body of your car. It should be below 1 ohm. You should get the same reading between the amp neg terminal and the amp ground point. Check amp ground with the power off and the wire to the negative on the amp temporarily disconnected. Most cars have a braided uninsulated ground strap from the engine to the body or frame. In older cars this can break and it usually causes noise. Run a temp ground wire from the battery neg to the bat neg of your amp, if the noise goes away it's a ground issue for sure. (2) Make sure the amp is well grounded ! The bolts that anchor the seats to the floor are one of the best ground points I know of. (3) I've fixed a few amps that had an internal broken connection from the RCA's on the amp where they connect to the circuit board. This often happens from not having the amp bolted down and/or the RCA's getting hit or kicked. This will cause noise in the amp and requires taking the amp apart to fix it.
How do you know its a output transistor?? You can open the amp and normlly the transistors are black with 3 legs and are normally bolted to the metal frame of the amp body as they get very hot and need to dissipate heat
the light with the power light(middle) is a blue/purple faint light try checking it out at night.The squiggy(as heat waves) will only light when the amps shuts down due to thermal protection(wait for it to cool). The bolt/yellow (short circuit) will light when there is an electrical overload in any of the wires(check +ve leads).
hello sound to me you may have burnt the main power wire to the body or other metal on the car .. if i was you i would first check the fused if there not popped trace the wire from the battery to the amp see if you can find a burnt spot on the wire it should have a burnt spot on the ajasent part of the car.. untell you find that wire it will drain your battery "try to disconnect the amp wire from the battery recharge or jump start your car run your car for 20 mins" that should fix your car... firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions
I have a Digital Audio model-DA2200W, Was listening to my tunes loud as always....then the subs quit bumpin...checked the subs cuz i thought i blew em...theyre fine...The power on the amp is still on...green light and all..just no output..I opened it up to see if anything looked burnt looks fine...is it toast or can i fix it??