Question about Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet Printer
This is my first time using the printer and i'm not sure what the problem is.
Reset the device when it is not functioning properly.
If the device is not functioning properly or to clear memory, reset it.
Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer.
Selecting a Response to Commands from the Operation Panel
You can specify a response resulting from pressing the <Color Start> or <Black Start> button on the machine. Setting the response with MP Navigator allows you to scan documents easily.
With network connection, only MP Navigator can be launched. Configure the settings accordingly.
With USB connection, with Windows XP, the program selection dialog box will be displayed the first time you press the <Color Start> or <Black Start> button on the machine, as shown below. Select 'MP Navigator', select the 'Always use this program for this action' checkbox, and then click 'OK'. By specifying this setting, selecting any scan mode launches MP Navigator, and the selected action will be performed.
1. Click the Windows 'Start' button, then click 'Control Panel' (Non-Windows XP: click the 'Start' button, then click 'Settings' -> 'Control Panel').
2. In the resulting window, click 'Printers and Other Hardware', then click (or double-click) 'Scanners and Cameras'.
3. Right-click the scanner icon for the machine, then click 'Properties'.
4. On the 'Events' tab, in 'Actions', specify the setting to launch MP Navigator. Specify 'MP Navigator Ver2.1' for 'Select an event' and for all events. (Windows 98/Windows 2000: Select an event in 'Scanner events' and specify 'MP Navigator Ver2.1' for 'Send to this application'.) If the settings are already configured to launch when i scan the images are black and white not col - 1a2907c.jpgor, click 'Cancel' to exit.
If MP Navigator is not set as the program to launch, you will need to select an application to launch each time you press the <Color Start>/<Black Start> button.
5. Click 'OK'. Windows 2000 only: Restart your computer.
Setting actions for the <Color Start> and <Black Start> buttons with MP Navigator
MP Navigator enables you to specify the response resulting from pressing the <Color Start> or <Black Start> button on the machine. You can specify the response individually for each event.
1. On the Windows desktop, double-click 'MP Navigator 2.1'. Alternatively, click '(All) Programs' from the <Start> button on the Windows taskbar, point to 'Canon Utilities', then 'MP Navigator 2.1'. Then click 'MP Navigator 2.1'.
MP Navigator opens
2. Click 'Preferences', and specify settings in the Color Button and Black Button tabs to determine the response rewhen i scan the images are black and white not col - 3ad6e6d.jpgm pressing the <Color Start> or <Black Start> button on the machine.
3. Select 'Event', and configure the settings in 'Actions'.
4. Click 'OK'. The operation will be performed according to the scan mode settings when you press the <Color Start> or <Black Start> button on the machine
Color Button/Black Button Tabs
The Color Button and Blacwhen i scan the images are black and white not col - 28e5332.jpg> tabs allow you to configure the following settings. Click 'Color Button' or 'Black Button' to open the corresponding tab. Setting items are identical in both tabs.
The following scan modes are available from the operation panel on the machine:
Save to PC Save the captured image data on your computer. Save as PDF file Save the captured image data as PDF files on your computer. Attach to E-mail Attach the captured image data to e-mail. Open with application Open the captured image data with the selected application
The setting items vary by event.
I hope it helps!!!
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2014 | Canon LASER SHOT LBP-2900 Printer
Apr 09, 2009 | Samsung CLP-510 Laser Printer
Feb 06, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Sep 13, 2008 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 26, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 09, 2007 | Philips MF-Jet 450 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 13, 2007 | HP PSC 500 All-In-One Printer
May 02, 2007 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!